The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Google - sneaky or what?

spikey

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Phil Parker said:

I think the fuss over an non-working App tells me that a vaccine is a waster of time. You'll never get enough people to take it to make a difference.

Whether or not that comment was tongue-in-cheek, and I think it wan't, I personally would rather take a needle in the arm once (when available) than support an ever-active app which shared any of my information with others and has the potential to expect that I will lock myself away for two weeks.  Other opinions may be available.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Whether or not that comment was tongue-in-cheek, and I think it wan't, I personally would rather take a needle in the arm once (when available) than support an ever-active app which shared any of my information with others and has the potential to expect that I will lock myself away for two weeks.  Other opinions may be available.  

But surely it doesn’t share “all of your information” just what’s relevant to viral load spread.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

Best of luck with the injections.  The risk to healthcare workers is too great.   My local doctors practice won't even give me essential injections due to Covid 19.  They prescribed me some tablets 0.1mg instead.   Eventually thanks to a US forum for CIDP sufferers  I realised the usual dose is 1mg but only after losing the feeling in my feet.  I dropped a heavy weight on my big toe, smashing the toe nail and I didn't feel a thing.  I thought it had missed.  I just wondered why there was a mark on my shoe.  

The only people who enjoy privacy are criminals, cloned number plates, hard drive free PCs, fake Sim cards...

• Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

1) it wouldn't be sharing information with others, only letting you know that you may have come into contact with someone who's tested positive and that you should consider getting yourself tested (unless you mean the NHS, who already have your entire medical background on record)

2) now we have testing available you can be shown to not have COVID19, so wouldn't need to self-isolate for 14 days.

But otherwise I agree, a vaccine is by far and away the best option, and anti-vaxxers are the reason why people are still dying of things like measles... "oh, most people recover..."

• Agree 4