Soundfiles for BR52 2-10-0 (reko) steam locomotive

leopardml2341

Hello folks,

Where might I obtain a decoder and soundfile for this class of locomotive, and the $64,000 dollar question - which is the most authentic?

Also, does anyone know of a soundfile for Berlin S-Bahn et475?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Edited by leopardml2341

No its a D&H decoder.  You asked for an authentic sound which ESU does not have (in my opinion).

Important question, is it a Roco or a Guetzold model?

For Guetzold you might need a Plux22, for Roco it might be an 8-pin, but I am not sure.

The D&H sound is more or less identical to the Zimo file for Roco/Fleischmann because it comes from the same Sounddesigner (Mr. Henning).

Edited by Hamburger
  • Thanks 1

I asked because I didn't recognise the 'Locoman' reference :)

The loco is a Lilliput one, not sure of catalogue number though will be able to check later.

Is there a UK supplier of D&H chips do you know?

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

Zimo is another alternative with both a free version and a coded version available http://www.zimo.at/web2010/sound/tableindex_EN.htm . No idea of the quality of either. I had difficulty in finding a UK supplier that would load a European coded file to a zimo decoder and ended up with https://www.fischer-modell.de/ via their e-bay shop. Decent service from them should you choose to go that route. Charged 15Euro for the license and to load the file. 

Edited by JimFin
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hamburger said:

To be honest, I just downloaded the file for my own loco and I have to say the Henning project does not do justice to the possibilities of the D&H decoder. 

Can you elaborate please?

I've never used a D&H decoder.......

Well, the Henning project has no active brake, no forced coasting, no forced heavy chuffs, no playable whistle, no automatic coasting option, no dynamic smoke control, no transitions between chuffing and coasting, no high speed chuffs, a limited number of chuffs, a limited number of functions, no real 16bit sounds, . . .

So, all that ^^^^ said, do you still think it's better than the ESU download?

This is the decision I have to make as I could download the ESU sound myself to a decoder I already have; earlier in the topic you suggested that the ESU project wasn't authentic - but based on the above the Henning one doesn't get your seal of approval either......

Rgds,

Andy

Edited by leopardml2341

Andy, if you already have a LokProgrammer the decision should be easy - download the west german (DB) BR50 file V5 (which is excellent) and exchange some of the sounds (announcements etc) to the east german (DR) sounds you find in the "reko" files for V5 and V4.  On the esu download pages you have a search function, search for "reko".

The Henning files are authentic - the D&H files are taken from the Zimo version - but you'll be happier with a self-built ESU project.

Wolf

• Thanks 1