World of Railways Virtual Exhibition 4/5 July 2020

AY Mod

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Adam FW said:

Whats the closing time/date for it as it says 4pm for the brake van question

Go for 4pm for that too Adam. The last one's in the last place you will look.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

:biggrin_mini2:

I don't like to insult people's intelligence by making 'em easy.

my little one just cracked it, but gosh that kept her quiet for an hour, she’s learned a few more technical terms too.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

Well, I have a list of 15 differences now.

(I deleted the Driver's odd socks, in the second pic, as a choice!)

I wonder if we all struggled on "different last ones" to be found?

Kev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is a very cool idea today...

I’m so jealous ...

I’d love the chance to walk through Liverpool lime street in the 1940’s.... That’s a brilliant video of a fantastic layout... very cool idea to superimpose the interview  on the layout camera angles.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh boy...

a Clayton DHP1 ? And an EP body already !

aye yai yai !

and a Leader ! In 2 liveries ?

i wonder if 36002 / 3 could conceptually be produced.. they did exist, albeit not complete.

from KR..

Another cool video to watch..... indeed it’s a good honest and open interview.. I think some in the KR models thread should watch this.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SHMD said:

Luv'in it...

1 hour ago, Calidore said:

A very nice selection of content, and it's handy to be able to access it at whatever time and in whatever order.

1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Thoroughly enjoying the layouts and the highlight so far is Phil’s interview with Tim Dunn. 

1 hour ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

Thanks so much to all of you at BRM for putting it on; there's been a huge amount of work behind the scenes for all involved. 

1 hour ago, Andy 53B said:

Really enjoying the layouts so far, just watched Phil’s interview with Tim Dunn which I thought was really good

1 hour ago, Adam FW said:

Really liking the virtual show so far

26 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

This is a very cool idea today...

Thanks for the positive comments guys, it's certainly not the first virtual show to happen to fill our current void but at least we have a good archive to be able to dig into and try and give a balanced and curated selection of material mixed in with Zoomworld. The project has not been without its challenges!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 4

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Thanks for the positive comments guys, it's certainly not the first virtual show to happen to fill our current void but at least we have a good archive to be able to dig into and try and give a balanced and curated selection of material mixed in with Zoomworld. The project has not been without its challenges!

Andy - will the Youtubes stay up after the weekend?

Chris

Edited by Gilbert

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Andy - will the Youtubes stay up after the weekend?

Chris

For a short while. PM me if you need access beyond that. 

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I'm enjoying both the layout and the other content a greta deal - ideal for a damp dull Saturday!

Many thanks to all involved for their hard work setting this up.

Is there a problem with the link for the 3.15pm diesle gallery photos - I get "page not found"?

David

Edit - It's working now (15.33), many thanks.

Edited by DaveF
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Is there a problem with the link for the 3.15pm diesle gallery photos - I get "page not found"?

There's still something not quite right with it David. It should be here https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/virtual-exhibitions/virtual-exhibition-2020/dieselgallery

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Really enjoying the virtual exhibition and many thanks to Andy, Phil and everyone involved!!!

Hornsey Broadway is by far my favourite layout and the one that inspires me most.

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for going to the effort of doing this. Have really enjoyed today, especially the shear variety of different things to look at .

The interview with Tim Dunn & the layout ‘Penmaenpool’ have been particular highlights for me 

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Watto1990 said:

Well now the competition is over I can admit it took me a full 20 minutes to notice the back to front double arrows in the spot the difference competition!

I know, that was a bit naughty! :biggrin_mini2:

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Andy & Phil

Many congratulations on this show! It will certainly have been a lot of hard work...but it has paid off handsomely!

Cheers!

Brian

Couldn't agree more.

So far today, I haven't had much chance to look at the "virtual show" stuff (or anything else, for that matter) - but what I've seen so far has been excellent.

I really enjoyed the Tim Dunn interview - and can understand the frustration about not getting chance to film at the Severn Tunnel and Bristol Temple Meads.

If there are further series, I can't help wondering if Cardiff General (sorry - Central) puts in an appearance - especially if it gets that Strasbourg style bubble wrap treatment that's been proposed.

I don't know if any "work in progress" footage of rebuild work on this station (or others) might be made available at a later date.

Whatever the score on this, I found the programmes and the interview fascinating and very watchable - and I'm sure there's plenty more that I haven't had chance to watch yet.

Many thanks to all concerned.

Huw.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Watto1990 said:

Well now the competition is over I can admit it took me a full 20 minutes to notice the back to front double arrows in the spot the difference competition!

1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

I know, that was a bit naughty! :biggrin_mini2:

But what would be the point in a "spot the difference", if the differences effectively spot themselves?

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

:biggrin_mini2:

I don't like to insult people's intelligence by making 'em easy.

4 hours ago, adb968008 said:

my little one just cracked it, but gosh that kept her quiet for an hour, she’s learned a few more technical terms too.

Would those be the sort of "technical terms" we'd find in a textbook?

Just asking ... .

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Watto1990 said:

somehow I spotted that before noticing that the loco was a different colour

I got stuck for far too long on the last item which for me was the bush/foliage on the left

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

I spent ages counting fishplates*, 3rd rail lengths and even checking MU coupling codes before spotting the foliage being darker/longer in the bottom-left of the first pic.

I even gave up and watched a couple of the very excellent vids, made available during today's virtual exhibitions, before returning and the grass just 'jumping' out at me.

(* = I've drawn the line at counting bricks on RMweb!)

Kev.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1