World of Railways Virtual Exhibition 4/5 July 2020

AY Mod

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, SHMD said:

(* = I've drawn the line at counting bricks on RMweb!)

These puzzles are merely brain-training to maintain advanced level nit-picking for those looking at certain topics on RMweb, normally involving just-produced models.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

These puzzles are merely brain-training to maintain advanced level nit-picking for those looking at certain topics on RMweb, normally involving just-produced models.

Presumably you'll be charging for a certificate of achievement....

• Funny 1

Many thanks, Andy, to you and your team. I was wondering how the show would be organised and I have my answer: brilliantly. It must have taken a lot of very hard work to get it all put together. It’s pleasant to talk to people but the virtual show has lots of advantages. No pushing and shoving, no people blocking the front of layouts and stands, lots of time listening to interviewees instead of merely quick words and above all, easy to get to.

The show stopper has to be KR Models. I have stuck in two EoIs!

I’m sure Andy will want to  kill me but I hope we get at least one virtual exhibition a year from now on.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

To Andy and all the team  many thanks for putting together the this mammoth production.

I have pretty well watched all the videos, and it has been the best days entertainment for quite sometime.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

As a matter of interest was the pigeon van length 32ft ?

And to top it all Stoke won as well.

Cheers and thanks again for all your efforts.

Terry 

Stafford Railway Circle 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, No Decorum said:

Many thanks, Andy, to you and your team

They're not mine, never met 'em. We operate as a quarrelsome, obstinate, moody, hard-working, innovative and committed collective with distinct, undefined and overlapping roles. We wanted to give it a good shot.

4 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

I’m sure Andy will want to  kill me but I hope we get at least one virtual exhibition a year from now on

I can go off people you know. :biggrin_mini2: Best not ask the question today or tomorrow!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Many thanks, Andy, to you and your team. I was wondering how the show would be organised and I have my answer: brilliantly. It must have taken a lot of very hard work to get it all put together. It’s pleasant to talk to people but the virtual show has lots of advantages. No pushing and shoving, no people blocking the front of layouts and stands, lots of time listening to interviewees instead of merely quick words and above all, easy to get to.

My shopping list is however untouched...

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

if you're doing another spot the difference tomorrow please remove a single rivet (or at least claim to have removed one) from one of the locos as a bonus objective for the real rivet counters.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant show team, I've still got a handful of videos to watch but very much enjoyed what I have seen.

Hornsey is so nostalgic, we used to come up to London around the same period but it was Paddington and Old Oak we didnt bother with as we saw it at home. We were probably in the crowd at the end of platform 10 at KX as Keir and his mates pulled in. His description of bunking Stratford and the long, damp tunnel brought back many memories.

I never tire of Buckingham and Tony G is a natural in front of the camera.

hopefully the show will stay up for a day or two as we are out tomorrow 

jerry

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Adam FW said:

if you're doing another spot the difference tomorrow please remove a single rivet (or at least claim to have removed one) from one of the locos as a bonus objective for the real rivet counters.

So long as it is a flush rivet....YES

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Oddly, the different colour sky was one of the last ones I spotted - doh!

That was the last Mrs Y got too; mind you, I miss the flipping obvious on photos sometimes.

• RMweb Gold

I hope I'm not spoiling anything here...

"Hornsey Broadway spot the difference"

1/   Blue sky on the left
2/   Chimney Pots removed from the right
3/   The Peak changes colour from Blue to Green
4/   The foreground Signal colour changes from Red to Green
5/   The Tube Train under the bridge disappears from the right
6/   The view of the back end of a Bus disappears from on top of the Bridge
7/   The two PWay workers in front of the Peak wander off in the second view
8/   The Relay Cabinet by the changing colour signal disappears in the second view
9/   The DMU Headcode changes from "B2" to "B "
10/   The AWS magnet disappears from the running line at the side of the DMU
11/   The Peak's Arrows of Indecision are reversed in the second view
12/   The wall mounted Signal above the DMU front Cab has gone in the second view
13/   The middle 4 windows, on the 4 story building, change from all glass to half glass/half white - as the floor below
14/   The Roof Line Horizon above the left hand most bus changes in the second view
15/   The tuft of grass, in the fore ground of the first picture, is longer/darker then in the second view

Kev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, SHMD said:

I spent ages counting fishplates*, 3rd rail lengths and even checking MU coupling codes before spotting the foliage being darker/longer in the bottom-left of the first pic.

I even gave up and watched a couple of the very excellent vids, made available during today's virtual exhibitions, before returning and the grass just 'jumping' out at me.

(* = I've drawn the line at counting bricks on RMweb!)

Kev.

My one counted 14 sleepers from the aws box in front of the DMU at one point...

but it was the bush that was hiding the longest from being spotted.

here’s my little ones scorecard.

29959E8C-841B-4FF0-9D6F-FCE623F8E361.jpeg.85535486844bf240ceb1e7b7626be0da.jpeg

• Like 2

I am really enjoyed the exhibition yesterday and have even entered some competitions.

I am following Phil Parker's build of 

Ferness Quay but what I would like to know is the length of each siding as I would like to have a go at building it myself.

Cheers

Johna

• Thanks 1

Sorry to repeat but very well done to Andy and friends-an absolutely superb collection of layouts,together with excellent photographs and "dialog".Impossible to pick the best, they were ALL the Best but have to say,the disembarking of the chaps from a train at "Lime Street"-just incredible!

Many thanks indeed

Tim

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Thanks chaps!

Debbie and Howard managed the timeline through yesterday and all seemed to go well. I'm on this morning and then Phil livens everyone up after lunch so that could change.

There's a list of what to expect today now up on https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/virtual-exhibitions/virtual-exhibition-2020 and a couple of short interlude videos for the traditional small group of people waiting outside the door for Sunday opening.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

No need for caffeine this morning as I woke up sharply to the sight of Diesels at Pendon. Then a second shock as I realized I rather liked it! :O 

What a treat this all is, not least for those of us overseas. Looking forward to dipping in and out during the day :locomotive:

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Really looking forward to another cracking day of top quality content.
I did (do???) plan on submitting two more videos; one focusing on layout photography and one on editing/stacking photos using free software. The latter is ready, but I'm still editing the layout photography video, and it's turned into such a monster of a video that I've slept for about 7 hours over two nights as I've been up all day from 7am - 3am! Assuming that there won't be enough time for it to get edited, rendered, uploaded, and shared, I will endeavour to get it posted on my blog here on RMweb later.

If I do finish it before the show ends, who should I email it to? (assuming it's wanted, of course!)

In the meantime, back to the editing, and at least there will be plenty to keep you all entertained over on the virtual show!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, SouthernRegionSteam said:

If I do finish it before the show ends, who should I email it to?

I've just spoken to Debbie and she said you'd got some additional material. Send it to Debbie in the first instance as I may miss it whilst on duty. :)

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, johna said:

I am really enjoyed the exhibition yesterday and have even entered some competitions.

I am following Phil Parker's build of 

Ferness Quay but what I would like to know is the length of each siding as I would like to have a go at building it myself.

Cheers

Johna

The station siding is 45cm. The goods shed and quayside 30cm. 

Good luck with your model - let us know how you get on. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Can I just add my congratulations to Andy, Phil, Howard and all at BRM. For all the hard work and effort that must have gone into this project. Thrilled with the footage of Bournemouth West and the way you’ve interspersed the photos and videos.

i look at some of the layouts and just go WOw!  Penmaenpool and Liverpool Lime St. in particular but the bonus is seeing layouts that would never ordinarily get to an exhibition as well, like Burnden Park- terrific. Is this the future?

Sorry Andy , don’t shoot me, but I’m with the do it again brigade!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Roger Sunderland said:

Sorry Andy , don’t shoot me, but I’m with the do it again brigade!

Your name is going down on ze list Zunderland! :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 1