World of Railways Virtual Exhibition 4/5 July 2020

AY Mod

• Moderators
1 minute ago, SHMD said:

There is no difference!

(Is the link correct?)

Kev.

An error on my part! Just do a refresh and you should see a new puzzle!

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

It would have kept them quiet for hours. 

They might have got it done quicker a second time; or maybe not.

• RMweb Gold

Andy, I looked at lots of stuff in the exhibition yesterday. It is very good indeed. Well done to you and everybody who has chipped in too. Could this become a regular annual feature? 

Best wishes and thanks,

Alastair

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Just a heads up Andy, the free issue link leads to an Ooops: https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/virtual-exhibitions/www.brmm.ag/freedigitaldownload2020

Thanks Mikkel, now fixed.

The link in the image went to the right place but the button didn't.

• Thanks 1

Likewise enjoying the show! Thanks to all at the BRM team for pulling this together and for giving up precious weekend time to 'run' the show for us.

Just a quick note on the Team Grantham GMRC final layout video that is now on there. I don't think it takes eagle eyes for the discerning modeller to spot that the layout isn't actually 'finished' as such yet - but, hey, never let facts get in the way of a good story!

The 'story' is that - despite all urges to unceremoniously 'bin' the thing at completion of filming, Andrew struck up a deal (aka a severe case of arm twisting) to recover the layout to his Dad's house. Andrew then ended up spending much of the recent lockdown at said house which allowed a concentrated period of activity on the layout, the results of which you see here.

The plan was to premier the layout at this year's Hartlepool show, several of the team being involved with the running of said show (not yet officially cancelled); this weekend's BRM show seemed like as a good place as any to preview the progress to date.

Yours truly needs to digitus extractus to finish off the removeable scenery piece which will occupy the rather glaring space behind the water splash pool and also make up the Faller Ferris wheel, the mock up of which can be seen in the background in some of the views.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, DK123GWR said:

Is there a specific subject line needed to enter?

Good point! Put Dean Single competition in the subject line.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, davidw said:

Hi I get a blank screen when I try to down load the sample magazine. I'm using a laptop running Windows 10

Have you gone through entering your e-mail address? 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, davidw said:

Yes I have.

OK, we're a bit busy managing the site at the moment. From this end we can't tell if you've got something disabling it such as ad or pop-up blockers. and it worked OK when I tested it this morning. Can you drop an email in to brm@warnersgroup.co.uk tomorrow please to follow up if you can't get it working today?

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, queensquare said:

Hate to be a pedant Phil but that's a pie :D

Im off out for the afternoon now so play nicely for Phil everyone

Jerry

It was cake, but they left it on the table before taking the photo. Well no-one told me they needed it! I found them a replacement didn't I?  :-)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Just had my tea and cake after finally having finished my last video. It seems I may be treading on Andy's toes with the subject of it, but hopefully there'll be enough difference to warrant the video. As you can see; after having had a spare 20mins to complete yesterdays puzzle, I had a go at today's one, too. Just a little over the allotted time though. So close, yet so far!

WoRbigshow.jpg.b8b3c5f7215cb50adf1010c7cd46affe.jpg

I'm currently crossing my fingers that the video renders nicely, and that I haven't messed anything up in it. It's an hour+ to render it; so I don't want to have to start over!

Hello

Everything is going well for us, Fenchurch St Peter is behaving well as are John, Richard and the Celebrity guest operator. A wonderful weekend. Do we get a virtual exhibition badge Andy?

Cheers                  

George

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, George Woodcock said:

Do we get a virtual exhibition badge Andy?

Not a bad idea! We need to get some done for layouts that have been in the mag too.

• Like 1