World of Railways Virtual Exhibition 4/5 July 2020

AY Mod

49 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

OK, we're a bit busy managing the site at the moment. From this end we can't tell if you've got something disabling it such as ad or pop-up blockers. and it worked OK when I tested it this morning. Can you drop an email in to brm@warnersgroup.co.uk tomorrow please to follow up if you can't get it working today?

Thanks Andy. I'll do that. Most appreciated.

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Not a bad idea! We need to get some done for layouts that have been in the mag too.

We would certainally be up for a badge or two to add to the collection.

Thanks for asking us to take part with the layout Andy. I could get use to these non early starts to exhibit :imsohappy:

Might have to get out my loco recognition book though as apparently we don't have any class 20s on the layout going by the comment  :scratchhead::D

Thanks

Simon

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Mr.S.corn78 said:

apparently we don't have any class 20s on the layout

Just blame the bloke who selected the pics and left out the Choppers. :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 1

• Moderators

The show will be closing its virtual doors in ten minutes, please remember all your belongings and start to make your way to the doors.

Thank you for visiting and thank you to those who made the event possible.

In our virtual world though you can hang on a bit longer and look at the layouts some more, we'll even keep them there for a few days, no-one is in a rush to get home!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Well guys, I really appreciated the effort that has gone into this.  Some great inspiration from layouts, to demonstrations and guest speakers.  It is comforting to know that many of us have been supporting the hobby, through the local shops and the manufacturers.  I know we are all itching to get to the exhibitions again, but this was an excellent idea, even though spot the difference competitions were real kickers.......thanks!  Now where did I put that soldering iron............?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy and all others involved,

thank you very much for providing so much enjoyment over the weekend  

It has been well worth all your hard work.  

I've enjoyed the layouts, a number of the events and even did the quizzes and jigsaws.

Can I have the record for the slowest completer of today's jigsaw - 3.5 hours?  I got interrupted by going to Mum's to cook her dinner and then cutting down some roses after an  arch collapsed in the gale.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic show. Well done to all - and there were many.

I really do appreciate all the work (and quality of production) and specifically enjoyed the videos, layouts, humour, how-to's, and (of course) the competitions.

I hope this was a success (commercially) as, if it was, then we are more likely to see it again.

I did click on some links and have ordered some stuff that I never knew existed! Can't wait for it to arrive now.

Thanks to all,

Kev.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Roger Sunderland said:

Is this the future?

I hope not, in the nicest way ;)

This certainly works well in the meantime, and no doubt needs as much preparation as a live show, but still not the social event with friends alongside that a show is ;) 

Thank you to all for the hard work in showing your creations and chats I don’t think you can beat this for now :drink_mini:

• RMweb Gold

Well what can I say?

There was too many of XXXXX type layouts so nothing of interest to me.

Far too many traders instead of layouts

The car parking and food was a rip off.

Not enough room between layouts so you couldn't get to see tham all, thyis lead to being constantly hit by rucksacks!

Don't get me started on the crap signs so ended up missing loads of stuff.

The entrance fee was way too high!
Wont be bothering again.

Look someone had to do it just to make you feel warm and cosy inside :lol:

An outstanding job to ALL at BRM for making this happen very enjoyable weekend.

I very much enjoyed Phil's layout build, an N-gauge version would be a very nice diversion!
Working in the food indsutry never been so busy, lock down what lock down!:D

Thanks again to all those involved.

Ian

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Just to echo the comments of others - well done all and thank you for putting the show on.  Having also had to move much of my ‘core’ work online in recent months, I’ve come to appreciate just how much time it takes to prepare a good presentation.

When I do get to attend exhibitions, I often come home keen to do some modelling and run some trains, but having spent the time at the show.  Today I’ve been able to do that at the same time, so it’s not just been a virtual experience.  Thanks again, Keith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

Just got to pack the layout up for the long drive home now.....

Careful with that back Tony!

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, AY Mod said:

Careful with that back Tony!

Thanks for the concern Andy but it was the quickest and easiest "knock down" ever. The old trainset is already home and back up in the shed, as if by magic.

A big well done to you and the rest of the exhibition team for putting all this together. It was a million times better than any show I have been to for a while!

• Thanks 1

May I say a big thanks to everyone involved, a great idea and very well executed. Even the missus took an interest in some of the videos particularly Phil’s ‘build a layout’, unfortunately she’s now asking why my layout is taking so long:rolleyes:.

Best regards

PL.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this. I enjoyed dipping in and out of it over the two days and definitely appreciated Phil’s  layout creation videos. Picked up some good ideas from it just at the right time too.

Some amazing layouts to look at as well. 

Well done all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for putting on a great show it is clear a huge amount of effort and thought went into the preparation, and then the delivery on the 2 days. A lovely selection of layouts, it was very enjoyable to read the articles and watch the videos. The spot the difference was a nice touch, I had to enlist my 6 year old daughter to get the 20 differences for our entry! 

Lastly thanks for leaving some content up after closing time to view in the coming days. 

Time for an evening bit of modelling on a petite properties low relief shop having been inspired by Phil Parker's article 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I'd also like to express my thanks to all concerned, it's been a thoroughly enjoyable - and educational - couple of days, you have all worked your socks off and it clearly shows.

Brilliant!

Al.

• Thanks 1