ID self adhesive backscenes

• RMweb Gold

Has anybody used the self-adhesive backscenes from ID Backscenes?

I've just ruined a conventional "paste up" one from the same source and the scene fitted my needs perfectly.

I was wondering just how sticky the self adhesive ones are and do they stay put?

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I have them around my OO layout but . . . . .

I have cheated in case the layout changes. I fixed double sided adhesive tape at intervals on the back of the covering paper and use this to fix the sheets to the back board. I have to re-apply pressure at one or two of the sheet join positions from time to time but other than that they've stayed where they were put and I am safe in the knowledge that I should be able to re-use them if the layout changes.

I was mainly attracted to them as they are vinyl and should withstand cleaning if I accidentally splash anything on them.

I bought all four sets and got them a little cheaper into the bargain.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ray,

This will be an exhibition layout so it's vital it doesn't come unstuck (especially as when packed away one board will be upside down).

Since posting I've got hold of a bottle of "View Glue" from Deluxe Materials and it's made it 10 times easier, impressive stuff!

The result is that I've opted to use the conventional backscene rather than the self-adhesive ones. 

Many thanks :D

Bob

• 1 month later...

I have used 2 and a bit rolls they are very permanent once they have stuck to the substrate. I have installed mine on 3mm MDF which had been painted with acrylic paint to seal the surface. The first one I have had a couple of bubbles turn up. However the later ones I have none! 

I should also mention once I had painted a surface I did a light sand to remove any dust/ hair etc that had landed on the surface. Another trick was to only unroll about 50mm from the backing at a time and using a credit card smooth it onto the MDF. The other little note was I used a steel rule and a new scalpel blade to slice the boarder off to have practically no joint  between the rolls .