Ideas wanted regarding a new layout ?????

Cheekyharry

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I have made myself three separate layout tables,approx 4ft long X 3ft wide,all told its 12 ft long length sitting together.The era is around circa 2000 so plenty of EWS 37s and class 66s,Loadhaul 56 and 60 and a railtrack 121 route learner,all sound fitted.Rolling stock includes BDAs ,forthcoming Cavalex BBAs and plenty of ballast wagons and turbot wagons.What i need are ideas and inspiration  track plans etc,want to keep it fairly simple with not many points as wiring them up is not my thing,thinking of a steel terminal to make use of the stock i have and  EWS diesel depot.I also want to incorporate low relief buildings and a backscene.Do i just go with a  straight layout or a L shape to incorporate curves.Ideally i wanted a tailchaser layout but have just not got the room(a tight loft space)

Regards

David

Edited by Cheekyharry

Just finishing off this one, 1673 x 442mm, Inglenook shunting puzzle. This has taken around 8 weeks from start to finish,  making best use of furlough time. If you go L shape, the curves take out a lot of space. I think a straight layout would serve you best. 

15930345739806204298640498200831.jpg

• Like 3

On 24/06/2020 at 14:29, Cheekyharry said:

I have made myself three separate layout tables,approx 4ft long X 3ft wide,all told its 12 ft long length sitting together.The era is around circa 2000 so plenty of EWS 37s and class 66s,Loadhaul 56 and 60 and a railtrack 121 route learner,all sound fitted.Rolling stock includes BDAs ,forthcoming Cavalex BBAs and plenty of ballast wagons and turbot wagons.What i need are ideas and inspiration  track plans etc,want to keep it fairly simple with not many points as wiring them up is not my thing,thinking of a steel terminal to make use of the stock i have and  EWS diesel depot.I also want to incorporate low relief buildings and a backscene.Do i just go with a  straight layout or a L shape to incorporate curves.Ideally i wanted a tailchaser layout but have just not got the room(a tight loft space)

What are the space limitation that the layout needs to fit into, and does it need to share the space with anything else (ie is there anything in the space that needs to be avoided)?