Bere Lane Works - updated 4th July 2020 - dismantled

Alex TM

• RMweb Premium

Please see second post, thanks.

Hi folks,

The above board, and affixed track, is free to a good home.

Baseboard dimensions are 1750 x 290 x 57 mm (69 x 11.5 x 2.5"), constructed of a 14mm pine shelf on a softwood frame.  This has existed for around five years with no signs of twisting, etc.  The top is surfaced with 2.5mm cork onto which the track has been lightly pinned.  Points have been rewired for DCC operation.

Due to the size it is available for collection only.

There's also a stock of printed downloaded kits and textures to go with it.  These are mostly Scalescenes, with a few that are either Smart Models or freebies from magazines.  The kits include factory complexes, railway workshops, goods stores, etc.  Textures are a range of brick finishes.

For fuller details of the 'layout'/board & track, see the thread at:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/153475-bere-lane-works-was-bere-lane-sidings-reborn-again/&do=findComment&comment=4022834

[At some point I will also be disposing of a number of new Peco points (code 100, small radius insulfrog), flexi-track, joiners, etc, along with some un-built wagon kits from Slaters, Cambrian, and Parkside (these all have wheels, bearings, and transfer sheets for post-1923 liveries).  Any future project will use finer scale track and live-frog pointwork with stock from a different ear to those of the kits.]

Feel free to ask questions, or PM me if interested.

Regards,

Alex.

Edited by Alex TM
Updating details and title.

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

There has been no sign of interest in the layout/board, or in the kits to go with it.  Under the circumstances I do not find this surprising.  The who thing will be dismantled this afternoon.  Fortunately, most of the material can go straight to recycling.

Again, thanks to all who helped with ideas, solutions, and supportive comments during the attempted build.

Regards,

Alex.

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

This afternoon I spent an hour examining the lifted track sections.  Surprisingly, there's only around 18" of track that has to go into the bin, the remainder being cleaned up for re-use.

I now have some ideas for going forward but no money will be spent until I am sure of the next step.

As ever, thanks for reading.

Regards,

Alex.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 24/06/2020 at 19:56, Alex TM said:

There's also a stock of printed downloaded kits and textures to go with it.  These are mostly Scalescenes, with a few that are either Smart Models or freebies from magazines.  The kits include factory complexes, railway workshops, goods stores, etc.  Textures are a range of brick finishes

Hi Alex,

Am I too late to request these?

Stu