Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Peter, Glad i have found you, always visited your thread on original RMweb, will keep watching with interest.....I just need to get used to the NEW Forum!! Fantastic Photographs

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks for your comments everyone I am glad you found me.

Hi Alex, great to hear from you. icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Keith, the 47 is 546 Aviemore Centre it's an old Lima model but still looks ok.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12567198509991_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12567200254505_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks Keith,

My Lima class 47s are on borrowed time as I am going to replace them with Bachmann ones. I will probably keep a couple but the rest will be sold, my untouched locos went a while ago.

The lastest loco to enter service on Llanbourne is 37693. I have modelled the loco in ex works condition and will use it paired with a class 33 or 47. I was going to change the number but found out that 37693 worked with 33026 on one of its test runs, as I have 33026 I decided to leave it as 693. I haven't had to do much work on the model just change the buffers to something a bit more sturdy add speedo cable, and pipework. I repainted the red bufferbeams added some white by the brake cylinders and changed the orange line to run along the top of the cabs. I also opened one window a bit and added a driver. I will eventually narrow down the bogies as they look a bit wide about 2mm.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12572391366035_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Peter,

Glad to see (and have found!) Llanbourne over on the new RMWeb.

I must admit I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for the new look. It may well just be me, but I can't seem to find any of the threads that used to be so easy to find and contribute to. I don't mean any disrespect to Andy and team, as I know they have put a lot of hard work into it for our benefit and with the best of intentions for us all. I hope to summon up the enthusiasm to resurrect the Waverley West layout thread sometime.

Anyway, enough of that. Glad to have found you again! I can now carry on watching your thread, so thanks for posting it again and please keep posting!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Glad to see (and have found!) Llanbourne over on the new RMWeb.

I must admit I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for the new look. It may well just be me, but I can't seem to find any of the threads that used to be so easy to find and contribute to. I don't mean any disrespect to Andy and team, as I know they have put a lot of hard work into it for our benefit and with the best of intentions for us all. I hope to summon up the enthusiasm to resurrect the Waverley West layout thread sometime.

Anyway, enough of that. Glad to have found you again! I can now carry on watching your thread, so thanks for posting it again and please keep posting!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Dave,

Glad you found me,biggrin.gif I took me a while to get used to things on here and I am still learning. I am sticking with the thread for a while and might have a go at doing a blog latter. Hopefully we will see your layout on here soon I am sure you will have a few more locos bye now.icon_e_wink.gif icon_thumbsup2.gif

Cheere Peter,

I am not really happy with that last pic so I will do a better one.

Good to see this layout and the wonderful mix of 1980's stock on the new thread, excellent stuff!

On a less happy note, Dave (Waverley West), no, it's not just you. I am finding much more time for modelling (perhaps I should see this as a positive) as I can't seem to get to grips with the new format.

Thanks everyone,

Paul, the Scottish 47s are a bit of a favourite I am planning on doing 47550 at some point, though both wont be seen together as you can't have to many Scottish 47s on the North Wales coast.biggrin.gif

Mark, Just stop it.icon_razz.gif Hopefully next year I will get a bit more done, I think I have settled on a plan now, and I am trying to save up for a Heljan 37 though can't wait to see what the 20s going to be like.icon_drool.gif

Keith, thanks, I did take a pic but its almost head on and I was trying to get a more side on view.icon_thumbsup2.gif

Jeff, Not anymore icon_e_biggrin.gif I sold the sound chip thingy bit to Simon. I was tempted to keep it but the 37 will only be used now and then. Though I am thinking of getting a Bachmann class 25095, Simons sounded great and I think I can run it on my layout, but will have to see you about changing the thing that you do for DC.icon_what.gif As you can see I really know what I am talking about when it comes to DCC.icon_lol.gif

forest2807, Thanks, it took me a while to get used to things, and thankfully Andy has given us the layout thread section back.icon_thumbsup2.gif

Cheers Peter,

That's all right, Peter. I'll be very happy to change the DCC thingy to give you sounds on DC. As you know, most people have no idea what I'm talking about at the best of times anyway!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Hi Jeff,

Thanks mate,icon_thumbsup2.gif Hopefully see you in a couple of weeks.

Have you started the new layout yet? I meant to ask you the other week.

Cheers Peter,

Mark, Just stop it.icon_razz.gif Hopefully next year I will get a bit more done

Great! So we can expect progress on 01 Jan 2010 then:blink:? Only kidding, only kidding :lol: You can unload the ammo now Peter..............Peter:o?

Seriously I love this layout. I travelled the North Wales coast quite a few times in me spotting days. Either direct from Manchester Victoria or I would use the change of trains excuse to go via Crewe just to cop a shed load of locos on me way. I found Holyhead to be quite boring but Llandudno Junc was the best place to stop off. Loads of things happening and the chance to trundle upto Llandudno itself or down to Ffestinniog.

keep the updates coming Peter,

regards,

Mark

Guest Jim Read

Hi Peter,

Looking at that very impressive overall view of the station area I notice that the track actually looks as though it is used, especially the ballast which looks as though years and years worth of oil, ash, coal dust etc etc has fallen on it.

Very well thought out indeed :-)

Jim

Great to see Llanbourne on the new forum Peter! A lovely layout - and nicely observed. The 37 could do with toning down a touch to my eye - shiny models just don't look right to me!

Narrowing the 37 bogies is quite straight forward. You'll need a little bottle and a slitting disc fitted to a mini drill. Basically you cut off the frame (flush with the back side of the frames) very carefully. I left the wheelsets in and went slowly but I guess best practice would be to strip the frame off the bogie to do this modification!

The amount of material the disc removes is about 1mm - perfect! Just clean up with a knife or file and re-attach - I just used a quick setting household superglue. Job done. I also moved the frames marginally up to make the gap between body and bogie slightly less.

I hope you do come over to the blog format - it's a really nice way of documenting a layout or modelling workbench progress - keeping comments in line with original posts, and to new readers just showing the authors ramblings.

Posting is no different to creating a thread - and I wouldn't worry about blog etiquette or anything - creating blog posts like this thread is more than acceptable. I try and keep new blog topics to new subject matters but you could add a blog entry for each new update - just as you do with a thread. Job done. Worth a play for an hour to see what you think! :)