Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter

Did you take a photo of the interior of the inspection Saloon after you had painted and added the figures please?

Ian

Sorry Ian, I didn't. 

If it's any help though, I painted the walls and tables brown the floor a dark grey and the toilet and kitchen white. The backs of the chairs brown and a mix of green /Blue with a touch of black for the cushions. 

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

D200 has finally left the workbench. It's been a bit of a pain this one and taken ages to get finished, the roof took two goes to get right then the body would go on properly I thought it was the speaker but a wire was getting in the way. Anyway a few pics of the loco on test.

Cheers Peter.

Simply beautiful Peter, I remember seeing her at Llandudno Jnct' and once at Chester, never got a picture though.

Jinty ;-)

Simply beautiful Peter, I remember seeing her at Llandudno Jnct' and once at Chester, never got a picture though.

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty,

I have a few pics of the loco and had haulage on it once. The last time I saw D200 it was working between Cardiff and Crewe. I was at Severn Tunnel Jct and this guy told us D200 had been booked on the train for a few days. It was great to see the loco storming along on a service train.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

D200 looks absolutely superb, nice modelling.

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

You know your class 40s pretty well so if your happy with it thats good enough for me.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

40122 / D200 looks the badger's nadgers Peter.  Nice work indeed.

Not a lot has happened here since you visited as I've been getting to grips with the new job and new hours (up at 4.20am is much harder at my age than it once was) though it's going well.

That small N-gauge project you saw on the workbench is starting to take shape as it has to be ready to fly home and exhibit in just eight weeks from now!  

Morning enjoying your layout having lived in Holyhead for a while

I have a couple of pictures of D 200 both taken in Carlisle

1  D 200 Carlisle  10 March 1987

2 D 200 Carlisle   24 July 1986

David Wexford

Thanks David, nice couple of pics.

Cheers Peter.

40122 / D200 looks the badger's nadgers Peter.  Nice work indeed.

Not a lot has happened here since you visited as I've been getting to grips with the new job and new hours (up at 4.20am is much harder at my age than it once was) though it's going well.

That small N-gauge project you saw on the workbench is starting to take shape as it has to be ready to fly home and exhibit in just eight weeks from now!  

Thanks Rick,

Must admit I don't miss early starts, glad it's going well though. 

Best of luck with the layout and getting it back to the UK in one piece.

Cheers Peter.

Someone at Crewe decided to bring out  'The Irish Mail' headboard for a Euston- Holyhead train today. One reason for this was that D200 has been booked to work some of the Inter-City services and is on shed to work the train forward to Holyhead and a return working later on.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-92150000-1423888144_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-02871000-1423888173_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-83037100-1423888216_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-43222200-1423888282_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-16701100-1423888327_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-52762700-1423888360_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-29995100-1423888560_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-71486800-1423888601_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Someone at Crewe decided to bring out  'The Irish Mail' headboard for a Euston- Holyhead train today. One reason for this was that D200 has been booked to work some of the Inter-City services and is on shed to work the train forward to Holyhead and a return working later on.

Cheers Peter.

Very nice.

I had to look twice at the fourth picture, 40122 stood in front of the tank, to check it was not real,

cheers 

I remember that replica Irish Mail headboard, made by Ron Watson Jones which appeared on a number of trains on the coast over the years. Here on the Conwy Valley Centenary train when it was carried between the Junction and Holyhead. Ron was also responsible for any class 40 that came to Penmaenmawr on a ballast, going away with a painted nameplate.

post-1625-0-54803300-1423909022.jpg

• Like 4

I remember that replica Irish Mail headboard, made by Ron Watson Jones which appeared on a number of trains on the coast over the years. Here on the Conwy Valley Centenary train when it was carried between the Junction and Holyhead. Ron was also responsible for any class 40 that came to Penmaenmawr on a ballast, going away with a painted nameplate.

Merf, he would also have the Irish Mail headboard on a 40 in the head shunt by the up starter. Many a time a 40 would wonder down there for no apparent reason!

Ps I'd have no idea you would drive them down there would you? Lol

Stu

• Like 1

Very nice.

I had to look twice at the fourth picture, 40122 stood in front of the tank, to check it was not real,

cheers 

Thanks Kevin,

That's my favourite pic too.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Merf,

I have seen a pic of that train before, I am sure I have seen the headboard on other trains as well.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

I think 40122 on that train would have been unlikely given that the train is Mk2 Air Cons and 40122 is non ETH fitted!

Ian

Hi Ian,

I agree class 40s didn't have ETH but as Scott said during the summer no heat loco's often worked passenger trains.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Ian,

I agree class 40s didn't have ETH but as Scott said during the summer no heat loco's often worked passenger trains.

Cheers Peter.

I would imagine that mk2 air-cons can get quite warm in the summer with no ETH!  :heat:  :heat:

still stunning though!

Edited by Rob Rossington