Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Quick change the locks he's leaving....

Have a great time Peter we'll make sure nothing's moved too much while your away!

He'll notice if so much as one of those loose bricks on the ground goes missing ;)

Thanks Guys,

Abbie will still be here, I just hope we have a house left when we get home.

Cheers Peter.

Safe trip over Pete look forward to seeing you 12th October.

Looking forwards to it Ian. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Enjoy your trip, Peter. In the meantime, your decoder sound reblows have been done successfully and will await your return.   :)

Thanks Jeff,

I will await an email from Ian for payment.

Cheers Peter.

I could arrange a discreet house check if needed ;)  

Blackburn Hijack mob might come too.  just to check the layout is still there :P

Ha ha it should be ok she's a good kid. 

I can imagine the look on Abbie's face if you lot turn up for a running session. :mosking:

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Having a great time in the UK catching up with friends and family. Did the Bluebell line on Wednesday and of to the Mid Hants tomorrow.

Cheers Peter.

Good to hear, Peter.  Interesting weather as well I believe.  Landslip blocked the WCML at Watford Tunnel and caused damage to two units during a thunderstorm that Queensland would have been proud of.

In other news I put Sharon on the plane earlier and she should be half-way to Singapore by now.  Arriving Heathrow Sunday arvo.  Such a shame I can't be with her.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having a great time in the UK catching up with friends and family. Did the Bluebell line on Wednesday and of to the Mid Hants tomorrow.

Cheers Peter.

Fancy a pint in Alresford Pete after the first return of the 50?

• Like 2

Fancy a pint in Alresford Pete after the first return of the 50?

Yep. There is a group of us coming up and at the moment we are planning to do the first 50 run so should be able to have a beer with you. I will keep an eye out for you.

Cheers Peter.

Yep. There is a group of us coming up and at the moment we are planning to do the first 50 run so should be able to have a beer with you. I will keep an eye out for you.

Cheers Peter.

Great to catch up with you on Sunday. It was nice to get some haulage behind 50027 which performed well. The Mid Hants is a nice little railway which I will try and do again next time I am over.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Hope you're enjoying your stay and enjoyed your nice bit of Hoover action. Really need to go and have a trip behind 027 myself sometime.

Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Yes having a good time so far. It's certainly worth coming down for the 50 when it's running.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Hope you're enjoying your stay and enjoyed your nice bit of Hoover action. Really need to go and have a trip behind 027 myself sometime.

Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Yes having a good time so far. It's certainly worth coming down for the 50 when it's running.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Had a great time in Buxton even got up to Peak Dale for a few pics. Heading further North today.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

It's a shame you weren't one day later as you would have witnessed one very, very loud loco on an ECS - Carnforth to Bury!!

Cheers

Lee

Edited by HealeyMills

Hi Lee,

My mate is on that tour if I had known would have tried to do it myself.

I did get 20020 on the Bo ness yesterday with 37703 top and tail. It was a good bit of thrash.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well I am back and had a great trip to the UK. I caught up with some friends and family and a few RM webbers. It was great to catch up with Alex, Mark, Ian, Paul, Nigel and Kevin.

I went to my old club and caught up with a few guys from there too. I didn't manage to get to any exhibitions but will certainly try next time.

We arrived back on Sunday and on the Monday had a visit from eminent railway author John Dedman. :)  I have known John since I was a nipper so it was good to see him over here. I was weird as only about 4 weeks ago I had been to his place and had run a few 7mm trains round his garden railway. He also had Heljan's new class 25, a very nice model. We ran Llanbourne for a while which ran ok considering I only gave the track a quick clean. But just before we finished up a point blade broke on one of the main cross overs. I have managed to fix it using a spare blade from another point, it is a bit of a pain to do but it's better than removing the whole point though I will get a spare as it's only a matter of time before it breaks again.

While the track was still fairly clean I ran a few trains today. I did try and get my two class 25/9 s  to run as a pair by giving them the same decoder number. Even after playing with CV 2 and 5 they still didn't want to run well together. If anyone has any idea's let me know.

My holiday pics will be loaded onto my Flickr site over the next few weeks.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-51444500-1477041549_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-53038300-1477041603_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-25926200-1477041641_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

well I am back and had a great trip to the UK. I caught up with some friends and family and a few RM webbers. It was great to catch up with Alex, Mark, Ian, Paul, Nigel and Kevin.

I went to my old club and caught up with a few guys from there too. I didn't manage to get to any exhibitions but will certainly try next time.

We arrived back on Sunday and on the Monday had a visit from eminent railway author John Dedman. :)  I have known John since I was a nipper so it was good to see him over here. I was weird as only about 4 weeks ago I had been to his place and had run a few 7mm trains round his garden railway. He also had Heljan's new class 25, a very nice model. We ran Llanbourne for a while which ran ok considering I only gave the track a quick clean. But just before we finished up a point blade broke on one of the main cross overs. I have managed to fix it using a spare blade from another point, it is a bit of a pain to do but it's better than removing the whole point though I will get a spare as it's only a matter of time before it breaks again.

While the track was still fairly clean I ran a few trains today. I did try and get my two class 25/9 s  to run as a pair by giving them the same decoder number. Even after playing with CV 2 and 5 they still didn't want to run well together. If anyone has any idea's let me know.

My holiday pics will be loaded onto my Flickr site over the next few weeks.

Cheers Peter.

Welcome back Peter.

I can't remember what DCC system you are using, but wouldn't it be simpler just to consist the two locos?