Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Merry Christmas Peter to you and your Family, and a Happy New Year.

Great pic BTW, I've been to Sway a few times, but NEVER on Days like that,  :O                       thank goodness. :no:  :no: :scared:  

Thanks Andy,

Grew up in Sway so know it well, hasn't had snow like that for years though.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Hi all hope everyone had a good Christmas,

I was wondering the other day why it seems to take me so long to get a loco finished. Well it's all the extra bits that take the time, speedo cables loco crew etc. The crew on this model have taken time as I have chopped them about a bit. Anyway chassis weathered today nearly there.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-37803700-1482837348_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-11619000-1482837372_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-99583500-1482837441_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-23037300-1482837471_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Peter,

That is stunning modelling!!! I have no idea how you do that in 4mm..... I struggle in 7mm.  Super detailing and some very authentic mods.

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Lee,

Tell you what I sometimes wonder why I bother and it's getting harder to do as the old eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I am looking forwards to having a go at detailing my 7mm class 26. I just need to do a few more 4mm diesels first.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Hi Peter,

That is some nice detailing, I'm going to have to go and take another look at my 31's now with those extra bogie parts. They look good. As for the crew, they really look the part nice poses and the colours/dirt on them brings them to life.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Peter,

That is some nice detailing, I'm going to have to go and take another look at my 31's now with those extra bogie parts. They look good. As for the crew, they really look the part nice poses and the colours/dirt on them brings them to life.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks Mark,

You don't need to worry about your class 31 bogies though. The ones pictured above are from class 37 and 47 the Hornby class 31 bogies are fine except they have a speedo cable both sides so one needs to be removed just male sure it's the correct one though.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Is that large -logo livery.... without the logo?  :jester:

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

It's not far of is it needs a grey roof too. 

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

Hi Peter

Hope you're having a good Christmas. Some very nice detailing work you've been doing there. Especially like the crew added to the 31. That's a nice touch with the arm resting on the open window.

Nice to see some pictures of some Aussie traction. Anymore details about them as they certainly look very purposeful.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Peter

Hope you're having a good Christmas. Some very nice detailing work you've been doing there. Especially like the crew added to the 31. That's a nice touch with the arm resting on the open window.

Nice to see some pictures of some Aussie traction. Anymore details about them as they certainly look very purposeful.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

I am enjoying some time off. The Aussie loco's are quite powerful. These loco's are BL class and G class basically the same though the G class build was added to the BL build with a few mods, Mu socket moved lower down different tail lights. If you Google the class they will come up and you can see some more info on them. 

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Peter 

Good to see you're finally catching up with the steelie.  My mate Peter (another one!) driving as well.  I'll miss the sound of the five-note horns when I'm back home.  The difference between a G and a BL is hard to pick but an XR is definitely different.  As Sharon isn't much interested in trains we use simple terms to describe the sounds.  Sprinter whistles are a "chuff" while the freights "moo" ;)

I really must make time to go chasing the trains again.  I lost interest after the A-class came off the Stony Point passengers though still hope to get out and video the night steelie storming Langy bank at 1am.

Hi Peter 

Good to see you're finally catching up with the steelie.  My mate Peter (another one!) driving as well.  I'll miss the sound of the five-note horns when I'm back home.  The difference between a G and a BL is hard to pick but an XR is definitely different.  As Sharon isn't much interested in trains we use simple terms to describe the sounds.  Sprinter whistles are a "chuff" while the freights "moo" ;)

I really must make time to go chasing the trains again.  I lost interest after the A-class came off the Stony Point passengers though still hope to get out and video the night steelie storming Langy bank at 1am.

Hi Rick,

I try and get out when I can who knows how much longer it will last. I miss the A class too The Sprinters just aren't the same. I got your PM and will try and make it. 

I quite like the XRs though they basically have the same power unit as the G s I think they sound  a bit different.

Pics below show two Sprinters on a Stony Point train an XR leading a Bl on steel and one from 2006 showing an A class at Stony Point. 

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-54000000-1482929629_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-37665200-1482929719_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-88342100-1482929970_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I keep trying to remember to photograph the steel train as it runs directly behind the office I work in, in south Yarra... it comes through between 11.50 and 12.10 each day... they even get signal checked at the signal on the up run. Must admit the entire office shakes and you can't hear in the back office if they are struggling up the grade into south Yarra station!

All the best to you and yours Pete.

• Like 1

It's good to see images of railways other than the UK.

Glad you like them Alan,

I try and get out for pics now and then but I have to go into Melbourne to see more than the daily Steel train.

Cheers Peter.

I keep trying to remember to photograph the steel train as it runs directly behind the office I work in, in south Yarra... it comes through between 11.50 and 12.10 each day... they even get signal checked at the signal on the up run. Must admit the entire office shakes and you can't hear in the back office if they are struggling up the grade into south Yarra station!

All the best to you and yours Pete.

Hi Doug,

Hope you and your lot are well and had a good Christmas. 

There were two trains today as well, but we have had quite a bit of rain here today so I didn't go out for it.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

There are extra trains - often run quite close together - when traffic exceeds a single train-load.  Or as now to allow for holiday shut-down periods when steel is stockpiled and then nothing runs for a while.  The need to run the two portions close together is dictated by pathing on the single line from Frankston to Long Island Junction and not conflict with the timetabled passenger service thereon.  It reminds me a little of the true Atlantic Coast Express (not the current GWR Paddington - Newquay effort) which ran as multiple trains on peak days with one following another on the single lines beyond Okehampton.  Perhaps we should invest in a Westernport Coast Express headboard for the steelie. 

• RMweb Premium

In the week before Christmas I think there was up to 4 trains each way per day... boy it made work rather distracting and noisey

There were.  At one point we had one rolling through Flinders Street and the second waiting the block outside on the viaduct!   They're not supposed to stop on the viaduct account the weight of the loaded trains but apparently they can make an exception on the newer southern viaduct.  It's been keeping the small number of BG locos very busy and every available wagon must be in use.  Some of the trains are 40 or more where the norm is 28 - 34.

• Like 1

I finished this signal yesterday and it's now ready to plonk on the layout. This will be the last project for the year though I did get some weathering done on the class 31 today.

Happy New Year, All the best for 2017.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-05332400-1483169481_thumb.jpg

• Like 10