Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter

Llanbourne is a great layout, really reminds me of both llandudno and the Junction, feels like I am back in North Wales in my youth days with the Crosville buses running about

Will the extension works allow you to run Freighliner trains as found on the N Wales coast?

Hi,

I am glad you like the layout, and gives you the feel of the place. Unfortunatlly the new extension isn't big enought for Freightliners, maybe one day.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

Hi Peter,

Glad to see (and have found!) Llanbourne over on the new RMWeb.

I must admit I'm struggling to find any enthusiasm for the new look. It may well just be me, but I can't seem to find any of the threads that used to be so easy to find and contribute to. I don't mean any disrespect to Andy and team, as I know they have put a lot of hard work into it for our benefit and with the best of intentions for us all. I hope to summon up the enthusiasm to resurrect the Waverley West layout thread sometime.

Anyway, enough of that. Glad to have found you again! I can now carry on watching your thread, so thanks for posting it again and please keep posting!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Dave, I am also having problems with the "New look". As yet I have not made the leap with "Doncaster is going blue". I am not sure if I ever will.

As you, respect to Andy and the team. But I do not find the new site easy to use / find my way around.

Hello Pete,

Only recently moved on to the new RMweb, the layout is looking great, some good photography as well.

Just spoke to KN after they arrived home today, really enjoyed their visit down under.

Hi John,

Hope you are going ok, great to hear from you.biggrin.gif It was good to catch up with keith, hopefully next time they can come down to us, and I can show Keith the layout.

Cheers Peter,

Dave, I am also having problems with the "New look". As yet I have not made the leap with "Doncaster is going blue". I am not sure if I ever will.

As you, respect to Andy and the team. But I do not find the new site easy to use / find my way around.

50042 - it would be good to see "Doncaster is going blue" back on here. Those videos in particular were great. As you may or may not know, Waverley West is now back on here and the turning point for me was finding the "Layout topics" thread. I still don't find I'm using other areas of the site as much as I used to (general railway-related threads, wheeltappers, workbenches, etc. etc.), but hopefully that will come with time. It's the people and the interaction that makes it worthwhile for me and I don't regret "coming back", so I can only encourage you to do the same.

Sorry, Peter, there I go again, hijacking your thread. Some people, hey?!

Incidentally, Peter, I think the 37 is much improved now and really looks the part. Good stuff.

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

50042 - it would be good to see "Doncaster is going blue" back on here. Those videos in particular were great. As you may or may not know, Waverley West is now back on here and the turning point for me was finding the "Layout topics" thread. I still don't find I'm using other areas of the site as much as I used to (general railway-related threads, wheeltappers, workbenches, etc. etc.), but hopefully that will come with time. It's the people and the interaction that makes it worthwhile for me and I don't regret "coming back", so I can only encourage you to do the same.

Sorry, Peter, there I go again, hijacking your thread. Some people, hey?!

Incidentally, Peter, I think the 37 is much improved now and really looks the part. Good stuff.

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Dave,

Yeah, some people,biggrin.gif I am going to your thread now, I may try some Hijacking myself or just give you a hard time about the ploughs on your class 27.icon_lol.gif though you have probably fixed it by now.

Glad you like the 37 it does look better, how are you going with weathering your Deltic? Your idea of some weathering rubbed off should work ok especially if the loco has already worked a few railtours.

Hi Wayne, I always enjoyed looking at your friends Doncaster layout it would be great to see it back on the new RM web. Any thoughs on starting your prototype pic thread? You had some great pic on that.icon_thumbsup2.gif

Cheers Peter,

Hi, I just put a message on the old thread, but have now just found you here. May I start by saying a big thank you, as your layout is superb and has inspired me to keep going with mine. I would like to ask how do you weather your tracks, (sorry if you have already explained this on the old thread - I have looked!).

Have to say, I too am not that sure of the new blog system. I have a blog, (Karrik) and very few people have left messages, giving their thoughts or advice or answering the questions I have asked.

I am not sure why others do not do what you have done and post like you have as I do like scrolling through looking at the photos. Anyway, having said that I shall keep updating my blog from time to time and see what happens.

All the best, Richard.

Very nice looking layout, lots of inspiration there.

Is there a track plan with dimensions please?

Sorry it took so long, hope this helps. It's not the best picture but gives a good idea of what I am doing.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12586282100328_thumb.jpg

Hi, I just put a message on the old thread, but have now just found you here. May I start by saying a big thank you, as your layout is superb and has inspired me to keep going with mine. I would like to ask how do you weather your tracks, (sorry if you have already explained this on the old thread - I have looked!).

Have to say, I too am not that sure of the new blog system. I have a blog, (Karrik) and very few people have left messages, giving their thoughts or advice or answering the questions I have asked.

I am not sure why others do not do what you have done and post like you have as I do like scrolling through looking at the photos. Anyway, having said that I shall keep updating my blog from time to time and see what happens.

All the best, Richard.

Hi Richard,

Glad you have found me and that you like the layout.biggrin.gif I have weathered my track with thinned Humbrol colours, they are Matt black 33, Natural wood 110, or Khaki 72, and Leather 62, I have also used Matt brick red 70, and a bit of white 34, mixed in. Best thing to do is have a play with the colours and see what you are happy with. Well used track is normally darker.

Hope that helps, and keep going with the blog people will find you eventually.smile.gif Here are a couple of pics for a bit more inspiration.wink.gif

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12586294816512_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12586295545317_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi bro, more loco pics please..biggrin.gif

Hi mate,

It's a bit warm out there at the moment, been in the mid 30s all week. ohmy.gif cooler for the weekend though, any loco requests?

Cheers Peter,

Hi Peter,

The track looks great and makes such a difference to a layout. Your mixing of all those colours makes me feel very lazy - I just used varying proportions of sleeper grime, frame dirt, roof dirt and weathered black from Railmatch spraycans. Did you use an airbrush?

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

PS See that, a whole post from me without any hint of hijacking. I can do it when I try. biggrin.gif

hi there really love this layout, just a question though, what with and how did you do all the point rodding and signal rodding, i think it really lookks the part and something thats not normally thought of on a layout

regards

neil

Hi Dave, I knew you could do it,laugh.gif I think the ballast colour looks great on Waverley West. The colour on Llanbourne is basically on colour once its all mixed up, I might try Railmatch sleeper grime when I ballast the extention.

I do have an airbrush but I haven't used it for years. most of the ballast on Llanbourne is brushed on , though when I first built it I did use spray cans for some areas, most of which has been painted over since.

No worries Richard, As I said to Dave my Airbrush is at a friends the last thing I used it on was some coach roofs a few years back.

Tha cable trunking is plasticard cut into 4mm strips and scored every 7mm 'I think' to make it look like the lids, put this down before ballasting though.

Hi Banger Blue, By 1986 40s were a bit thin on the ground but I do have a couple, watch this space.wink.gif

Thanks Mason, The point rodding is made from MSE cranks and stools which I have also copied and made my own from platicard, the rodding is Evergreen .020x.020 rod. There are signal pulleys on the MSE crank etch, but I haven't used used them. smile.gif Here is a pic to give you an idea of what it looks like before painting. Hope that helps.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12587057268608_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hi,

I had a chance to take some pictures at Llanbourne today.

First was the 08.58 4J09 Vans from Bangor, The train is booked for a 47 but 40122 worked the train today. A while later at 10.25 the 7K11 Ballast departs to Crewe. 25109 was attached to the front as it was needed at Chester.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12588869387627_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12588871522062_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12588872748697_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12588874494084_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12588875782397_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I had a chance to take some pictures at Llanbourne today.

First was the 08.58 4J09 Vans from Bangor, The train is booked for a 47 but 40122 worked the train today. A while later at 10.25 the 7K11 Ballast departs to Crewe. 25109 was attached to the front as it was needed at Chester.

Cheers Peter,

I asked for a 40 and you deliver not just any 40 but 40122 / D200! icon_clap.gif Brings back a few memories of standing on Chester Station and seeing D200 roll in at the head of a railtour bound for the N Wales coast line causing much excitement amongst us spotters.

Thanks!

I remember working as a steward on the railtour that D200 took to penzance back in the eighties! The first time a 40 had worked past Penzance. That was a trip and a half :D

Oops :huh: That should be 'past Plymouth'. Too many trips to the hospital visiting the wife. I dunno if I'm coming or going :blink: