Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter,

Sorry I’ve not been around much on here of late I’ve just enjoyed seeing the updates from August onwards. Superb photos of some wonderful models. I like the large logo grey 47 and seeing your Mk1’s with NSE branding are familiar as I used some Railtec transfers to do a couple myself. I remember a scratch set working at Grange late 80’s/90 with a blue 37 and 3 Mk1’s.

Keep the updates coming as it’s always good to see what’s appearing next on your layout.

All the best

Mark

Hi Mark, 

I don't get on here as much these days either. still plenty to do on the layout though recent weeks have been spent working on stock. I have almost finished some ballast wagons and a class 26 which has been on the workbench for over a year.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Follow the light wiring and check the bulbs themselves to see if anything is touching the metal chassis. I had something similar happen in a Heljan 47, but only the lighting circuits on the decoder burnt.

Follow the light wiring and check the bulbs themselves to see if anything is touching the metal chassis. I had something similar happen in a Heljan 47, but only the lighting circuits on the decoder burnt.

Thanks Jeff,

I think it's the PCB I swapped one out of another class 26 changed the decoder. and the lights now work as they should. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 3

Glad you've worked it out. Sounds like you'll need to do a hard-wiring job on one of them. If you do that, it will give you the opportunity to separate out the tail lights to work them independently of the headlights.

Hi

Could it possibly be that the chip is in the wrong way? Number 1 point on a Heljan 8 pin model is not clearly marked. Unfortunately.

Stephen

That wouldn't short it out. The decoder and socket wiring alignments are fail-safe. All that happens if you insert an 8-pin decoder wrong-way-round is that the locomotive moves in the opposite direction to that expected, and the lights don't work at all.

Merry Christmas everyone thanks for the likes and comments during the year.

The next few weeks will be a bit quiet as I am currently in the UK. We suprised the family Christmas eve though a select few did know we are coming over.

I did almost finish 33008 which has been in bits for over 3 years now so I thought I should crack on and finish it.

All the best Peter

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and welcome (albeit briefly) home. If you are around Bournemouth you might see some of the SWR liveried 442s on driver familiarisation runs. There are more parked at Eastleigh which are still in GatEx colours.

I’ll pm my mobile number in case it is useful.

Cheers

Rick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wayne, I have used lazer glaze in a class 33. But not this class 26. I do try and file the window edges and try and get them a bit more flush. I was happy with the laser glaze on the class 33. I just think it's pretty expensive for what you get.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Wayne, I have used lazer glaze in a class 33. But not this class 26. I do try and file the window edges and try and get them a bit more flush. I was happy with the laser glaze on the class 33. I just think it's pretty expensive for what you get.

Cheers Peter.

Happy new year everyone. I had a great trip back to the UK but back in Oz now. The time went really quick though I did get a day down at Swanage. Most of the time was spent with Family as it had been a while since my Daughter had seen them. I would have liked to catch up with some RMwebbers but it will have to be next time I am over which should be it 2020 all being well.

Pic below shows an almost finished 33008 and a few pics from Swanage.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-81507100-1547364742_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-88428300-1547364865_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-35604200-1547364935_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Time is always a problem, isn't it Pete? On our recent trip to Europe, UK and USA the main reason was to catch up with relatives, although we did manage a couple of others - Rick (gwiwer), Brian Macdermott and RobertCWP, all of this parish, Very kindly altered their own schedules to accommodate us. I steered clear of any temptations such as model shops, although I did come home with one 'new' locomotive, courtesy of Brian. Our friends and relatives also catered for my interests by arranging things like visits to the Danish Tramway Museum, the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, and Mount Snowdon Railway, but I was being very careful not to impose my interests in such a way as to dictate the schedules of where and when we visited things, with one major exception ... our pre-organised visit to Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg. In all the other things, the friends/relatives were the focus. 

I'm glad you had a good time, Pete. Some nice photos there. :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Happy new year everyone. I had a great trip back to the UK but back in Oz now. The time went really quick though I did get a day down at Swanage. Most of the time was spent with Family as it had been a while since my Daughter had seen them. I would have liked to catch up with some RMwebbers but it will have to be next time I am over which should be it 2020 all being well.

Pic below shows an almost finished 33008 and a few pics from Swanage.

Cheers Peter.

33008 looks great, I wondered about that myself but I think 3 class 33's for a North Wales layout is getting extreme and I found Sultan recently. -  and always had a soft spot for the bulled up blue 33's.

I wish you would stop posting pictures of Scottish loco's - I've spent a year selling all of mine to fund a North Wales layout and you keep leaving me having silly and expensive thoughts!! 

Layout looking great as ever.

Hi Peter,

Glad you had a good time back here. 33008 looks great. It’s about the only 33 I can recall seeing up close in all the years I spent during school holidays in the south. It appeared on a charter with a pair of 37’s at the other end on the Ham goods a long time ago. Early 90’s.

Cheers

Mark

Time is always a problem, isn't it Pete? On our recent trip to Europe, UK and USA the main reason was to catch up with relatives, although we did manage a couple of others - Rick (gwiwer), Brian Macdermott and RobertCWP, all of this parish, Very kindly altered their own schedules to accommodate us. I steered clear of any temptations such as model shops, although I did come home with one 'new' locomotive, courtesy of Brian. Our friends and relatives also catered for my interests by arranging things like visits to the Danish Tramway Museum, the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, and Mount Snowdon Railway, but I was being very careful not to impose my interests in such a way as to dictate the schedules of where and when we visited things, with one major exception ... our pre-organised visit to Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg. In all the other things, the friends/relatives were the focus. 

I'm glad you had a good time, Pete. Some nice photos there. :)

Hi Jeff, We only had three weeks in the uk so it went very quickly. I was in contact with Rick re meeting in London but we just ran out of time. 

My day at Swanage was great I even had a cab ride in 33012 from Swanage to Norden. My Brother knew the driver who also remembered me from my Eastleigh Yard days. I had a few hours at Southcoast rails which has a very nice 7mm layout so did manage to run a few trains. 

Good to see you had a good time away and glad to hear you did a few railway related things. I did the Lakeside railway a few years back it's a great little railway.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

33008 looks great, I wondered about that myself but I think 3 class 33's for a North Wales layout is getting extreme and I found Sultan recently. -  and always had a soft spot for the bulled up blue 33's.

I wish you would stop posting pictures of Scottish loco's - I've spent a year selling all of mine to fund a North Wales layout and you keep leaving me having silly and expensive thoughts!! 

Layout looking great as ever.

Thanks Mate, I think back in the day the North Wales coast only had the two 33 diagrams I have used modellers licence and have three. I have 5 class 33s which is way too many and one is a 33/1 which didn't appear on the route apart from one working a special.

I have built up a small fleet of class 26. 27 and 37s so at some point I can run Llanbourne with a Scottish fleet something like Inverness. 

Cheers Peter.