Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

Thanks John, I think some of the Scottish HAs had the Scotrail logo on the side.

Cheers Peter.

I'm sure you're right Peter, but that came after I had left the Region and was playing with CIGs, BIGs, VEPs and CAPs on the Central Division, not to mention the NRM's 2-BIL (I told you not to mention the NRM's 2-BIL...).

9 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

I'm sure you're right Peter, but that came after I had left the Region and was playing with CIGs, BIGs, VEPs and CAPs on the Central Division, not to mention the NRM's 2-BIL (I told you not to mention the NRM's 2-BIL...).

Well I seem to remember stuff like that but not what day it is. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/03/2019 at 11:23, P.C.M said:

Something a bit different on Llanbourne. I recently finished a class 27 which along with my class 26 are the start of a smallish scottish fleet that I am building up so I can run Llanbourne as a scottish terminus. 

Also 20121 & 20169 have been returned to service having been gathering dust under the layout for well over a year.  These two are old Lima models with one running with a Bachmann chassis.

Cheers Peter.

So will that make it Clanbourne then instead?  :scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

On 24/03/2019 at 01:53, JDW said:

So will that make it Clanbourne then instead?  :scratchhead:

I like it, I only thought of Inverbourne but i like Clanbourne.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

On 23/03/2019 at 22:51, P.C.M said:

...  It's just nice to run something different now and then. 

Cheers Peter.

I'm glad you said that Peter: I have been running a few "different" things on Newton Broadway lately. Things like Danish and German trains! :D

Your layout is looking great as always, and also your photography to match.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, P.C.M said:

I like it, I only thought of Inverbourne but i like Clanbourne.

Cheers Peter.

Interesting idea having a potential alternative location.

Phonetically there's not much between Llanbourne and Clanbourne! ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Clanburn (actually the name of a property company in Scotland)

or Clanburne but that is Northumbria, part of the Otterburn military area - it's border country so could point towards scotland and see Rats plus 20s on passenger and MOD traffic.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yeah, I was more going on the pronunciation than anything, -bourne isn't a very Scottish name (I can't think of anywhere ending in it in Scotland off the top of my head but I'm sure within ten seconds of clicking "post" someone will give me an example, probably one I've heard of!), and Clan is not that common in place names either (again, I fully expect an example in about 15 seconds...).  But phonetically, it is at least a nice play on the LL sound in Welsh names.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, SRman said:

I'm glad you said that Peter: I have been running a few "different" things on Newton Broadway lately. Things like Danish and German trains! :D

Your layout is looking great as always, and also your photography to match.

Hi Jeff, Haven't seen you in a while hope you are well. 

I did notice a few strange looking loco's on your layout. Did you buy a loco in each country you visited when you were in Europe last year.

Recent photo's are all from my Samsung phone. which is why some have a lack of depth.

Cheers Peter.

19 hours ago, Southwich said:

Superb photos Peter! Had to do a double take on that 37 - what a stunning photo! 

Keep ip the good work! 

Will

Thanks Will, I do like my class 37 it sounds pretty good too, but I am not sure I can load a video on here these days.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

That's what I thought Rich, though I guess I could change the name completely but  Clanbourne  sounds good to me.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

I like the idea of Clanbourne too - clever!

In answer to your question, I didn't actually buy any trains while overseas, but was so impressed with both the Danish and German railway systems I thought I would like a few models to remember them by (nostalgia to come!).

18 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Clanburn (actually the name of a property company in Scotland)

or Clanburne but that is Northumbria, part of the Otterburn military area - it's border country so could point towards scotland and see Rats plus 20s on passenger and MOD traffic.

Actually quite like the Clanburn sort of same same but different and more Scottish. lol

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, JDW said:

Yeah, I was more going on the pronunciation than anything, -bourne isn't a very Scottish name (I can't think of anywhere ending in it in Scotland off the top of my head but I'm sure within ten seconds of clicking "post" someone will give me an example, probably one I've heard of!), and Clan is not that common in place names either (again, I fully expect an example in about 15 seconds...).  But phonetically, it is at least a nice play on the LL sound in Welsh names.

14 hours and counting still no example of bourne  I think you might be safe.  I should look at a proper location to work out what services would be ran as I would like both inverness 37/4s and Eastfield based 37/4s too. Perth area could work.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SRman said:

I like the idea of Clanbourne too - clever!

In answer to your question, I didn't actually buy any trains while overseas, but was so impressed with both the Danish and German railway systems I thought I would like a few models to remember them by (nostalgia to come!).

I guess you would have filled the suitcase if you had. :D

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, P.C.M said:

14 hours and counting still no example of bourne  I think you might be safe.  I should look at a proper location to work out what services would be ran as I would like both inverness 37/4s and Eastfield based 37/4s too. Perth area could work.

Cheers Peter.

I'm sure someone will come along and catch me unawares, once I let my guard down!  

Maybe you could start a new trend, layouts going "walkies" to other regions with appropriately tweaked names.  It's too late for the South Wales main line to pass through New Bryfford but maybe still time for Liverpool Loftus Road (with Merseyrail units in place of LUL), Troutouns, I'll leave other's to come up with more.  Mainly because I can't think of any!

• Like 1

On 26/03/2019 at 10:54, P.C.M said:

A few pics from a running session. 

101 passes by on a local service. 37428 sits in the middle road while running round its train.

20190323_211556.jpg

20190324_171407.jpg

Lovely to see 428 . I’ve many fond memories of riding behind her Hereford - Crewe - Lime St . 431 always looked splendid in that time period too .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, meanach said:

Lovely to see 428 . I’ve many fond memories of riding behind her Hereford - Crewe - Lime St . 431 always looked splendid in that time period too .

Thanks Mate, the Cardiff 27/4 did get about a bit it was great to see them down at Weymouth which is where I saw 37428 a few times. I was tempted to add the ploughs but they didn't stay on for long.

Cheers Peter.

• Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, 33212 said:

Hi - this layout is just stunning. The peaks look fab.

Thanks, I do like a Peak. All of mine are the older Bachmann model but they do the job. I have a few of the new ones to do at some point.

Cheers Peter.