Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

13 hours ago, 1977joey said:

Hi Peter,

discovered this video on youtube & thought it would be of interest, totally your location & Era ;)

enjoy...

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, Some nice loco hauled action there. Look like the Peak working an inter city train too. Normally booked for class 47/4s.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sb67 said:

That's a good find Mark, around 58 seconds, I love the class 25 and the wagons adapted for Permanent way use.

Steve,

Hi Steve, They are ZHV's old Mineral wagons with slots cut into the sides to stop overloading.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking for some DCC advice. I am sure I have had this problem before but can't find any info at the moment. None sound normal 21 pin decoder lights go on and off  each speed step. I am sure it was as simple as changing a CV last time but I  can't remember which one.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SRman said:

Pete, make sure you have 28/128 speed steps selected on the Power Cab (button on the lower right, from memory). The flashing lights usually indicate you have got it on 14 speed steps.

Thanks Jeff though you might know. I will check tomorrow. 

Cheers Peter.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Chris64B said:

The shed is looking great! Brick work looks nice and the complex roof structure is neat - was it copied/inspired from something or just made up on the hoof - either way it looks excellent. :)

Thanks Chris, I was going for a bit like Holyhead. and copying the Bachmann Scenecraft loco shed. I took some pics of a mates one and got some idea's on how to do the roof.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Still running a few trains. 37428 is seen leaving on an early morning pass/van train for Cardiff.

Cheers Peter.

20191027_200448.jpg

20191028_221952.jpg

I always like to see a pass/van train. I never got to experience them, bring just too young (or possibly just unaware). I’ve seen a few photos of surprisingly short van trains with a BSK in them being electric hauled, something I’m keen to recreate. Were there any still running to North Wales in the late 80’s? I haven’t seen any pictures, but then there aren’t many of parcels traffic at all, presumably because it was dark!

Super evocative photos as ever though. 

13 hours ago, 61656 said:

I always like to see a pass/van train. I never got to experience them, bring just too young (or possibly just unaware). I’ve seen a few photos of surprisingly short van trains with a BSK in them being electric hauled, something I’m keen to recreate. Were there any still running to North Wales in the late 80’s? I haven’t seen any pictures, but then there aren’t many of parcels traffic at all, presumably because it was dark!

Super evocative photos as ever though. 

Thanks although the Pass/vans i run on Llanbourne is a bit of a cheat. As far as I know there wasn't such a train on the North Wales Coast in the mid 80s. but there where quite a few all over the UK. There was a train from Cardiff to Crewe and I have imagined it was extended to Llanbourne. The train was book for a class 47 but the 37/4s were quite common on it along with class 50s which worked the train on a number of accasions.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

So I had some time tonight to sort a few DCC issues. Two class 47s needed cv29 changed so the lights are now sorted. Next was fitting a TTS decoder on my class 31. Now This was a replacement decoder as the last one was playing up. Guess what same problem.{ Loco moves about 30cm then stops then moves then stops sound works.} So had a play, decoder works fine in Bachmann 8 pin chassis. so decoder is ok. fitted non sound 8 pin decoder to class 31 no problem. Any idea's cos I am done.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

18 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

So I had some time tonight to sort a few DCC issues. Two class 47s needed cv29 changed so the lights are now sorted. Next was fitting a TTS decoder on my class 31. Now This was a replacement decoder as the last one was playing up. Guess what same problem.{ Loco moves about 30cm then stops then moves then stops sound works.} So had a play, decoder works fine in Bachmann 8 pin chassis. so decoder is ok. fitted non sound 8 pin decoder to class 31 no problem. Any idea's cos I am done.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete.  Dd you remove the capacitors from the 31?

I have a few TTS decoders in use, but I haven't investigated their abilities to alter BEMF settings. That could be worth a look.

Also, there are CVs that alter the behaviour including the BEMF cutoff:  CVs 150 to 154 (documented in the leaflet that comes with the decoder. Try CV 150 = 1 as a starter.