Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Merry Christmas to all the followers on this thread. Thanks for all your input and help during the year although it's been a bit quite  but I am still doing bits and pieces on the layout. 

All the best Peter.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Temeraire said:

HI Pete

Happy New Year to you and the family, all safe from the fires I hope?

Are you over again this year at all?

Hi Ian, happy New year to you.

Bushfires are in East Gippsland which is about 4 hours drive away so we are ok on the Mornington peninsula but we had a lot of smoke haze. We are in a fire risk area though but have been lucky so far.

It is possible we might get over later in the year but have a bit going on at the moment as leannes  mum pasted away late November and we have a bit to sort out.

Cheers Peter.

• Friendly/supportive 6

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I like the Scottish stuff Peter. It reminds me of my Eastfield and Haymarket days.

Thanks John, I always enjoyed my trips up North. I never managed to get round Eastfield but walked out to Haymarket  a few times.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, blueeighties said:

Lovely wee beasties Peter.

Thanks Lee, I am working some bigger wee beasties at the moment, so the 00 had been left alone but last week has seen me back onto a couple of 00 gauge loco's.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Thanks John, I always enjoyed my trips up North. I never managed to get round Eastfield but walked out to Haymarket  a few times.

Cheers Peter. 

My first trip to Eastfield was on a marathon coach journey up from Worthing which took us to Edinburgh.  While most folk were happy with the Royal Mile and shopping I managed to get round Haymarket and Eastfield and also managed to get on the wrong train and ended up at Cardonald not Corkerhill so missed that depot.  The class 126 DMUs were making their last runs on the Inter-City route between Waverley and Queen Street and EAstfield was filled with a mix of green and blue hardware including 06 shunters with the "pannier" tank and a decent number of Claytons and NBL 29s.  Plus the expected 25 / 26 / 27 McRats of course.  And a couple of the rarer (in London) Scottish Deltics on Haymarket.  Happy days.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

My first trip to Eastfield was on a marathon coach journey up from Worthing which took us to Edinburgh.  While most folk were happy with the Royal Mile and shopping I managed to get round Haymarket and Eastfield and also managed to get on the wrong train and ended up at Cardonald not Corkerhill so missed that depot.  The class 126 DMUs were making their last runs on the Inter-City route between Waverley and Queen Street and EAstfield was filled with a mix of green and blue hardware including 06 shunters with the "pannier" tank and a decent number of Claytons and NBL 29s.  Plus the expected 25 / 26 / 27 McRats of course.  And a couple of the rarer (in London) Scottish Deltics on Haymarket.  Happy days.  

You got there a few years before me then Rick. My first trip to Scotland was in 1985. 

On 13/02/2020 at 07:43, 5BarVT said:

Too good for just a like.  My kind of scene. Many thanks.

Paul.

Thanks Paul, It's always nice to get a comment  rather than just a like though I do appreciate those as well.

Cheers Peter.

On 13/02/2020 at 07:51, Southwich said:

Just caught up on the last few posts Peter, stunning photos as always!

Keep yo the good work!

Will

Thanks Will, hows it going? Glad you like the pics, I haven't done a lot of 00 recently as I have been working on some 7mm loco's but the last week has seen some work on a class 40 and 47.

Cheers Peter.