Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, P.C.M said:

Hi guys I have a v3.5 sound decoder and was wondering what pins do the speaker wires go to. Looking at doing a bit of a hard wire job.

Cheers Peter.

20200321_131914.jpg

I normaly wire upto the locos PCB board direct for speakers sp1 or sp2,but ive noticed Bachmann have changed were you solder to on there newer 37s..

3 hours ago, saxokid said:

I normaly wire upto the locos PCB board direct for speakers sp1 or sp2,but ive noticed Bachmann have changed were you solder to on there newer 37s..

The problem I have is it an older model with no PCB.

Cheers Peter.

3 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi guys I have a v3.5 sound decoder and was wondering what pins do the speaker wires go to. Looking at doing a bit of a hard wire job.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter: the speaker wires should go to pins 9 and 10 - see this diagram (not mine): 

https://tcsdcc.com/pinout

Edited by SRman
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Thanks Jeff, how do i work out which is 9 and 10?

Cheers Peter.

The index pin (pin 11) is the one that's "missing" and there's no hole in the decoder. 

So 9 and 10 are adjacent to the non-existent pin 11 ;):D

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

57 minutes ago, 55020 said:

The index pin (pin 11) is the one that's "missing" and there's no hole in the decoder. 

1 hour ago, 55020 said:

Thanks for that.

Cheers Peter.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys, we are going  ok not a lot happening on Llanbourne at the moment as I have been doing some 7mm stuff. Lockdown here isn't as bad as you have it in the UK. I am still working though it is quite and some staff will go. I have been their years so fairly safe.

Cheers Peter.

• Friendly/supportive 7

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 11:12, P.C.M said:

Thanks guys, we are going  ok not a lot happening on Llanbourne at the moment as I have been doing some 7mm stuff. Lockdown here isn't as bad as you have it in the UK. I am still working though it is quite and some staff will go. I have been their years so fairly safe.

Cheers Peter.

Glad to here everything is going well for you Peter,its tricky times here in uk at mo...

cheers neil..

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, does anyone have any luck with getting stuff out of Shawplan. I am after some laser glaze windows. Had no joy getting a reply.

Cheers Peter.

4 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hey guys, does anyone have any luck with getting stuff out of Shawplan. I am after some laser glaze windows. Had no joy getting a reply.

Cheers Peter.

No I've had no response to emails either.

I believe there is another thread on this forum re Shawplan and the poor customer service...

59 minutes ago, lincolnshiremodeller said:

No I've had no response to emails either.

I believe there is another thread on this forum re Shawplan and the poor customer service...

Thanks I have heard that they are not the best at replying to emails.

Cheers Peter.

On 09/05/2020 at 05:06, P.C.M said:

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

After many unsuccessful attempts at calling and emailing to place an order, I’ve found that just ordering by letter with a  cheque in the post works best for me.

i usually receive my orders reasonably quickly this way.

Dave

• Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 18:55, Waverley West said:

Hi Peter

After many unsuccessful attempts at calling and emailing to place an order, I’ve found that just ordering by letter with a  cheque in the post works best for me.

i usually receive my orders reasonably quickly this way.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I have made contact with a mate in the UK and will see if he has any luck.

Cheers Peter.

Hi

I had dealings with Brian from Shawplan about a month ago. I emailed in my order I had a reply and my order within the week. I would try again as you just don't know what peoples circumstances are just now. 

Best Regards

Stephen 

• Agree 1

On 13/05/2020 at 08:34, ayrmrg said:

Hi

I had dealings with Brian from Shawplan about a month ago. I emailed in my order I had a reply and my order within the week. I would try again as you just don't know what peoples circumstances are just now. 

Best Regards

Stephen 

Hi Stephen, Fair point. I will see how my mate goes and if no luck i will try again.

Cheers  Peter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...