Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

1 hour ago, DougN said:

Keen to see what you get up too with the 7mm gear Pete. Hope it is all going well for you! 

Hi Doug, All good down here. Not so regular updates on my Holmes Road thread in the 7mm section.

Cheers Peter.

20200322_182337.jpg

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 13

56 minutes ago, Railfreight1998 said:

Bit late, but yes, the C denoted a locomotive used for mainly for coal traffic (an early form of sectorisation really).

Thanks Mate, I did wonder.

Cheers Peter.

Now l have done this before on my other class 31. But how do I adjust the sound and sort the speed on the TTS sound decoders. Its a bit loud and takes off a bit quicker than in would like. 

Cheers Peter.

20200719_192151.jpg

20200719_192045.jpg

• Like 17

Hi Peter

There are a few very good videos on you tube, that have tutorials on the the class 31 tts, they mention which cvs to change for better running etc. I have the instruction sheet in my garage I'll get the cv for volume for you later. 

Stephen 

Edited by ayrmrg

On 22/07/2020 at 11:38, ayrmrg said:

Hi Peter

There are a few very good videos on you tube, that have tutorials on the the class 31 tts, they mention which cvs to change for better running etc. I have the instruction sheet in my garage I'll get the cv for volume for you later. 

Stephen 

Thanks Stephen, I will go have a look. I have the instructions which does mention CV s but  I haven't had any luck changing the volume so far.

Cheers Peter.

1 hour ago, Clagmeister said:

Still looking good. 

Thanks Mate, Been a while. Hows it going? whats it been 6 years or so since you have posted on here. 

All the best Peter.

It has been a while.  Moving jobs, moving houses and no time for modelling.  Catching up with it all now.  Nice to see an old favourite of a layout still going strong.  I have plans for a sweeping curve on the Perth road in N that are coming together.  Nice to catch up :-)

Peter, from what I remember it's CV188, with just 4 settings, 1,2,3,4, even on 1, I found mine quite loud compared with the level you can get an ESU or Zimo down to. I also adjusted some other settings and had really slow smooth running in the  end, but I cant remember those setting now, sorry.

17 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Peter, from what I remember it's CV188, with just 4 settings, 1,2,3,4, even on 1, I found mine quite loud compared with the level you can get an ESU or Zimo down to. I also adjusted some other settings and had really slow smooth running in the  end, but I cant remember those setting now, sorry.

Thanks Andy, I will have a go with the CVs over the weekend. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

On 23/07/2020 at 09:10, P.C.M said:

Thanks Stephen, I will go have a look. I have the instructions which does mention CV s but  I haven't had any luck changing the volume so far.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter 

Sorry for the delay. 

The Cv you need to change for the volume is cv182, be careful though as the maximum volume level is 8.

As for running quality, if I remember correctly changing cv 150 is one of the main ones. If it reads 0 change it to 1 and visa versa.  As I wrote earlier you tube is a great source of info with people filming their experiences and what cv's  they've changed for better running of individual chips.

Stephen

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Like 1

On 25/07/2020 at 20:59, ayrmrg said:

Hi Peter 

Sorry for the delay. 

The Cv you need to change for the volume is cv182, be careful though as the maximum volume level is 8.

As for running quality, if I remember correctly changing cv 150 is one of the main ones. If it reads 0 change it to 1 and visa versa.  As I wrote earlier you tube is a great source of info with people filming their experiences and what cv's  they've changed for better running of individual chips.

Stephen

No worries Stephen, Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I will give those CVs a try hopefully this week I didn't get a chance over the weekend.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RBE said:

Barring running the Hornby Pacer was always a pretty nice model I thought. With a new motor it should be pretty good!

Hi Cav,

I agree, they look ok running with newer stock I just improved the exhaust pipes and removed the molded handrail on the front and made up a wire one. Getting them to sit lower certainly helps too.

Cheers Peter 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RBE said:

post-6894-0-26152300-1314348034_thumb.jpg

Nice work Peter, this was my steel runner from back in the Outon Road days, built from a Hornby van chassis.

Thanks Cav, I remember Outon Road great layout. My two previous barriers were based on the Hornby chassis like yours but both had warped though one isn't too bad and might still get some use.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1