Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

21 hours ago, woodenhead said:

But thankfully not Sprinterisation which would see off the Peaks.

I do have a 150 but they were only used on local services early on so no worries about the loss of Peaks. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, ed1234 said:

It's ok, I just assumed everything is upside-down in Australia :P

That's a cracking station scene.

'Ere, wotch it moosh. We is the right way up, it's you wot's the wrong way. :P  :jester:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 8

14 hours ago, ed1234 said:

It's ok, I just assumed everything is upside-down in Australia :P

That's a cracking station scene.

To be honest after 6 weeks in lockdown I  not sure which way is up.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

On 30/09/2020 at 11:30, P.C.M said:

Hi Jim, hows it going.

Yep there are a few on the layout at the moment. The 142 has stayed in the station since I finished testing it, the 108 had a service and the 3 car 101 had a new chip fitted. The other lima 101 has been turned into a dummy to run with other units.

20200930_201512.jpg

20200930_201619.jpg

Coming along treat Peter

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 30/09/2020 at 12:20, P.C.M said:

Also off the workbench this week a couple of VAAs repainted from brown ones. 

Cheers Peter.

Tried three times to change pic. No joy.

20200930_183933.jpg

At least it proves you are in Australia :)

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Cracking pictures as always Peter.  Stay safe.  Looks as though the Dreaded Lurgy has just about done with your shores.  Still working normally here and plodding along with Waddlemarsh - that layout gets its first "outing" next month at Hayle MRC's Virtual Christmas Exhibition.  

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

On 14/11/2020 at 02:27, Gwiwer said:

Cracking pictures as always Peter.  Stay safe.  Looks as though the Dreaded Lurgy has just about done with your shores.  Still working normally here and plodding along with Waddlemarsh - that layout gets its first "outing" next month at Hayle MRC's Virtual Christmas Exhibition.  

Thanks Rick, 

Our lockdown is pretty much over now but we are still wearing masks.

No cases in 15 days, it looks a lot worse over your way so hope you  are staying safe yourself.

Just had a quick look at what you have been up to. The platforms look great. The layout is certainly coming together. I guess having a deadline for a show keeps you at it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/11/2020 at 02:22, P.C.M said:

The second pics shows a colourful Trans Pennine rake with Scotrail intercity and trans peninne coaches together. Some years back someone on another thread posted a pic showing this combination at Manchester vic so rhought I would model it.

20201110_223819.jpg

20201109_213139.jpg

Absolutely love the shot of the peak on the mixed rake! I remember the photo too - it was one of the ones that made me want to model the transpennine services. 

The intercity air con first looks like it was quite common in one of the Heaton formations in the mid 80’s, I think because they were short of a pressure ventilated first corridor. 

By the late 80’s the BGs can be seen in all sorts of liveries, but the rest of the coaches seemed to be all blue grey or transpennine. By then the rakes seemed pretty fixed and the inclusion of a mk I was very rare. 

It’s a great shot which really captures the time for me - makes me want a bottle of Tizer and a KitKat!

• Like 4

On 23/11/2020 at 20:41, 61656 said:

Absolutely love the shot of the peak on the mixed rake! I remember the photo too - it was one of the ones that made me want to model the transpennine services. 

The intercity air con first looks like it was quite common in one of the Heaton formations in the mid 80’s, I think because they were short of a pressure ventilated first corridor. 

By the late 80’s the BGs can be seen in all sorts of liveries, but the rest of the coaches seemed to be all blue grey or transpennine. By then the rakes seemed pretty fixed and the inclusion of a mk I was very rare. 

It’s a great shot which really captures the time for me - makes me want a bottle of Tizer and a KitKat!

Thanks mate, I found a few more pics on Flickr showing  Scotrail BGs in a trans pennine formation so it happened more than once and as you say the inter city air con first wasn't uncommon. The TSOs were nearly always mk2a's b's or c's. I do have a declassified mk1 FK which I use now and then as they did show up.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1