Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

3 hours ago, P.C.M said:

47492 earns it's keep on a van/postal from Holyhead. The loco is performing well so it might be a while before it,s gets back to Scotland. 

Also having a run out is 45141 on a Trans-pennine working to Bangor, the two new Trans-pennine coaches allows me to have a full rake of six. 

20210809_203603.jpg

20210809_211206.jpg

Fantastic stock & photo! It’s very rare you see a Trans-Pennie properly modelled and that photo has taken me down memory lane very nicely! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

Fantastic stock & photo! It’s very rare you see a Trans-Pennie properly modelled and that photo has taken me down memory lane very nicely! 

Thanks mate, they did run in fairly fixed formations so only right to try and get it as they used to run.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, P.C.M said:

By 1986 40060 has been renumbered 97405 and spent most of it time pottering around the North West on ballast workings.

The next few pics show 97405 having a busy couple of days on some revenue workings.

97405 was on hand at llanbourne to pick up a failed MOD working. Which it brought back to llanbourne where another loco worked it forwards. 97405 spent the rest of the day on shed. The next morning 47492 was low on fuel when it arrived on the Manchester- Bangor Vans, so 97405 was used for the out and back run to Bangor.

20210816_213053.jpg

20210816_214757.jpg

20210816_215001.jpg

20210817_211333.jpg

20210818_204200.jpg

20210818_211733.jpg

Hi Peter

Another great set of photos. I always like that you include a storyline to explain the latest comings and goings at Llanbourne.

Keep up the good work..

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Great pictures, Peter. Particularly like the one of the 40 sticking it's nose out of the Shed. Somehow reminiscent of covers of the Ian Allen 'Locoshed' books many of us carried. Really liked the backstory, too - adds colour and credibility.

Best wishes,

Paul

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, 60091 said:

Hi Peter

Another great set of photos. I always like that you include a storyline to explain the latest comings and goings at Llanbourne.

Keep up the good work..

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan.

Thanks, I used to do it more often but recently been a bit slack and just posting pics with little info.

I've not seen any updates on your thread recently are you still doing any modelling?

Cheers Peter.

14 hours ago, Grampus said:

Great pictures, Peter. Particularly like the one of the 40 sticking it's nose out of the Shed. Somehow reminiscent of covers of the Ian Allen 'Locoshed' books many of us carried. Really liked the backstory, too - adds colour and credibility.

Best wishes,

Paul

Thanks Paul,It does remind me of those books now you mention it.  I still have a locoshed and some  platform 5 books.

I remember when I was quite young looking at the pictures and hoping that one day I would be able to get round the sheds and cope some new loco's.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

E7F5D6DB-139D-4BE1-AF40-C11E0EBCF897.jpeg.cb7f2997fad2ac5ee6a06dbaea311ce0.jpeg

This one gets a spanner award (Craftsmanship). And deserves an entry in the “how realistic” thread. 

Thanks Rick. I will do that.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, P.C.M said:

By 1986 40060 has been renumbered 97405 and spent most of it time pottering around the North West on ballast workings.

The next few pics show 97405 having a busy couple of days on some revenue workings.

97405 was on hand at llanbourne to pick up a failed MOD working. Which it brought back to llanbourne where another loco worked it forwards. 97405 spent the rest of the day on shed. The next morning 47492 was low on fuel when it arrived on the Manchester- Bangor Vans, so 97405 was used for the out and back run to Bangor.

20210816_213053.jpg

20210816_214757.jpg

20210816_215001.jpg

20210817_211333.jpg

20210818_204200.jpg

20210818_211733.jpg

Another nice set of pics, Peter. A ScotRail 47 and a grimy centre headcode 40. What's not to like? I have a centre headcode 40 tucked away in a box which I really should get round to working on. I only have a split box one on the layout at the moment, plus D200. 

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Waverley West said:

Another nice set of pics, Peter. A ScotRail 47 and a grimy centre headcode 40. What's not to like? I have a centre headcode 40 tucked away in a box which I really should get round to working on. I only have a split box one on the layout at the moment, plus D200. 

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, this is an older Bachmann model which had its faults. My mate did this one for me as a gift. He has added extra pipework detail which varied between the different loco's. I improved his weathering job from copying pictures of the real thing.

I think it captures the look of the real one quite well.

47492 has been on my to do list for quite some time the loco had been sat under the layout in bits for a few years.

All the best Peter.

7 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi Alan.

Thanks, I used to do it more often but recently been a bit slack and just posting pics with little info.

I've not seen any updates on your thread recently are you still doing any modelling?

Cheers Peter.

Still enjoy operating the S&C layout - 10 years old now and due for a refurbishment. 

The West Yorkshire layout which morphed into Scotland east coast/Fife will probably morph into a skip next year :) Despite three rebuilds I've never been totally happy with it and have always hesitated when thinking  about putting it on rmweb.

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 24/08/2021 at 02:26, 60091 said:

Still enjoy operating the S&C layout - 10 years old now and due for a refurbishment. 

The West Yorkshire layout which morphed into Scotland east coast/Fife will probably morph into a skip next year :) Despite three rebuilds I've never been totally happy with it and have always hesitated when thinking  about putting it on rmweb.

Good to hear your still enjoying your S&C Llayout. Sorry the oo gauge isn't going to plan I sure you will come up with something a new model just might inspire you to crack on.

Cheers peter

• Thanks 1

On 22/08/2021 at 20:04, Gwiwer said:

This one gets a spanner award (Craftsmanship). And deserves an entry in the “how realistic” thread. 

Takes me back to my holidays to Llandudno in the 80’s. It could easily be a picture of the shed at Llandudno Junction!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, IRC said:

Takes me back to my holidays to Llandudno in the 80’s. It could easily be a picture of the shed at Llandudno Junction!

Thanks I was going for a cross between Llandudno and Holyhead.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

On 26/08/2021 at 16:14, IRC said:

I’ve had a few cab rides up and down that shed! One day sticks in my memory, with 40044 and 25269 featuring. I may or may not have had fingers on the power handle on the latter - huge responsibility for a then 13 year old!

• Like 1

On 27/08/2021 at 23:57, 47449xeCD said:

I’ve had a few cab rides up and down that shed! One day sticks in my memory, with 40044 and 25269 featuring. I may or may not have had fingers on the power handle on the latter - huge responsibility for a then 13 year old!

Good memories. I only cabbed a few loco's as a young bloke. A class 73 is one I remember. Different story once I started on the railway in and out of loco's all the time as a shunter.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I love the North Wales coast, and the railway was great in the 80s at the end of the BR blue period, with new liveries bursting onto the scene. Still plenty of Banger Blue locos and interesting diesel and electric classes about too. So great stuff there, and I can see a distant retirement project happening to do a WCML layout from the same time. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/08/2021 at 20:04, Gwiwer said:

I’ve just treated myself to a green central headcode retooled 40 that will become 060. I’m also after a disc headcode one for 118, although I may make that out of a load of spare Lima and Bachmann parts like my model of 135. 

• Like 1