Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/10/2021 at 12:15, P.C.M said:

I really need to sort the ride hight on the PCAs the old lima one are a bit high.

Peter,

I don't know if you've seen it, but @Signaller69 has done a very similar lowering in his thread at:

Ian 

• Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 10/11/2021 at 11:39, P.C.M said:

As far as I know the fly ash workings out to llandudno Junction finished in about 1983. I have imagined it ran until 1986. If it did it might have had a class 58 vice class 56 now and then. 58s did work out on the coast on driver training runs in the mid 80s.

I need to get some loads sorted for these wagons does anyone know the part number for the parkside loads. These are the old type Hornby MGR.

Cheers Peter.

Peter

If you can make up the plastic inserts for the wagons then this shop may be able to assist with the loads

https://eezyloads.co.uk

On 13/11/2021 at 00:24, jcarta said:

Peter

If you can make up the plastic inserts for the wagons then this shop may be able to assist with the loads

https://eezyloads.co.uk

Thanks for that. I will see how I go but I am thinking of using ash from the wood heater.

I am not sure what the colour of fly ash is so I need to find some pics but but I can always add some darker tint.

Cheers Peter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/09/2021 at 14:10, P.C.M said:

I was asked for some info on my old Hornby and lima mk2s. I thought I would share the pics here. 

I find a painted interior and flush windows really helps these coaches  look a bit Better.

20210831_220548.jpg

20210831_220415.jpg

20210831_220256.jpg

20210831_220245.jpg

Is M5364 a prototypical running number for the blue/grey Trans-Pennine branded coach? I am looking at branding a couple of N gauge ones like this, but the only running numbers I have found mentioned anywhere are 5323 and E5520. Thanks.

On 13/12/2021 at 00:37, 47475 said:

Is M5364 a prototypical running number for the blue/grey Trans-Pennine branded coach? I am looking at branding a couple of N gauge ones like this, but the only running numbers I have found mentioned anywhere are 5323 and E5520. Thanks.

I did this coach over 20 years ago so I couldn't say for sure if it is correct. I did try and get things right and would have tried to find  the right number I am sure someone will know.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 23:18, Gwiwer said:

Keeping up appearances nicely there Peter.  I like that buffer-stop shot 

Thanks Rick, Hope you are all well over there. Still plodding along and getting things done.

Cheers Peter.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, P.C.M said:

Merry Christmas everyone.

Just a couple of pics I took today when I had a minute. 

Stabled loco's.

20211225_114446.jpg

20211225_182010.jpg

Of course they're stabled! No trains on Christmas Day.

Best wishes to you all as well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Of course they're stabled! No trains on Christmas Day.

Best wishes to you all as well.

Thanks John, Well I am pretty sure there wasn't back in the 80s though not sure about these days. Trains were running here today.

All the best.

• Agree 1

On 27/12/2021 at 07:26, Oakdale said:

Nice photos as usual Peter, hope all is good down under, working on a plan to get down under in 2 or 3 months time.

Thanks John,  All good at the moment. It would be great to see you if you do get down here but I think we will be back in lockdown soon  i am hearing rumours. 

Cheers Peter.

• 2 months later...