Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

I should make the effort this time shouldn't I!

Tracks nearly down so that would be a good starting point.

Yes, post a few pics and see how you go.biggrin.gif

To hot in the garage tonight, here are a couple of pics, I don't think I have posted these before.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-1260956974446_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12609572585021_thumb.jpg

Yes, post a few pics and see how you go.biggrin.gif

To hot in the garage tonight, here are a couple of pics, I don't think I have posted these before.

Cheers Peter,

Hi Peter,

Love the shots, especially the large logo duff. Which one is it? I know I've seen it on Llanbourne before. I have a Heljan 47 awaiting renumbering and I can't decide which one to go for. I fancy an Inverness loco as a change from my Eastfield/Hayment locos. 47550 University of Dundee is one of the frontrunners at the moment. The Inverness large logo livery always seemed to be slightly non-standard - black roof (or were they just always dirty?!), slightly different black cab surrounds, etc.

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Peter,

Love the shots, especially the large logo duff. Which one is it? I know I've seen it on Llanbourne before. I have a Heljan 47 awaiting renumbering and I can't decide which one to go for. I fancy an Inverness loco as a change from my Eastfield/Hayment locos. 47550 University of Dundee is one of the frontrunners at the moment. The Inverness large logo livery always seemed to be slightly non-standard - black roof (or were they just always dirty?!), slightly different black cab surrounds, etc.

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

Hi Dave,

It's an old Lima model, 47546 Aviemore Centre. I have a Bachmann 47 that I am going to do as 47550 it was one of the first Scottish 47s I saw on my first trip to Scotland.

I think it would be a top loco to do, though it has a blanked off round boiler port so check your Heljan one, though I think they did both types. Inverness did have some non-standard large logo 47s. I am pretty sure the roof was left blue though they were always dirty,and they did have different cab surrounds with a bit of yellow just around the top. another thing is I think some Scottish locos had smaller large numbers like the ones fitted to 37s, the numbers on my 47546 are a bit big, but don't tell anyone.wink.gif

I think a nice Inverness loco storming out of Waverley West would look great. The Inverness Duffs certainly got about a bit and were quite common at Waverley .biggrin.gif

Here are a couple of pics. Starting with two nice Inverness locos. 47550 and 47467.smile.gif

Cheers Peter,

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12609608747593_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12609610121958_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12609612935398_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12609616419387_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12609618825109_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all,

Being as I have decided to keep Llanbourne as a terminus I thought I would post a couple of pics of locos on the blocks.biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the feedback during the year guys and Merry Christmas to you and your families.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12615732281441_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12615733801905_thumb.jpg

post-7022-1261573556919_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Peter, really pleased your keeping Llanbourne as a terminus, i followed it on the old RMweb. Love the new pics, its a really inspirational layout as it takes me back to when i was a kid in the late 80's :rolleyes: .

Keep up the great work & keep those pics coming,

all the best,

Mark

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.wink.gif

Hi Lukasz, Yes that is a Beacon models Cortina, I have almost finished a Metro as well. The crew bus is a Corgi Ford Cargo with a scratch built back, there was an article in an old Modelrail supplement with some measurements though I still stuffed it up and made it a bit wide.rolleyes.gif

Hi Keith, The BRUTEs are an etch which you have to fold up and solder together, mine are by Shirescenes but I think other people are doing them as well. I would like to make one of those 3 or 4 wheeled battery powered vehicles that were used to pull them about do you have any pics. BR ones were yellow and the Post office ones were red.

Thanks Mark and Preservation modeller, while there is plenty of interest I will keep the pics coming.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12618711517928_thumb.jpg

post-7022-126187129293_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12618714375361_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12618717576866_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi all,

Thanks Mickey, I may be talented at model railways but thats about it.biggrin.gif

Hi Lukasz, I got my Beacon Models about Five or more years ago, there was an ad in Railway Modeller and a friend of mine made an order and got a couple for me, I am not sure if they are still available I haven't see them advertised for a while.

Hi Dave, The signals do work but manually biggrin.gif so it would be possable to put a motor underneath. I did make them over 15 years ago so it is quite possable that they are wrong. Any help would be appreciated, I will take some pics of the reworked extension as I nead help there too.unsure.gif I was asked about my ground signals, are they off the right way I am sure they are correct but I can change them if they are wrong.

I am going to try and get a LRM kit of a LNWR signal box as they are about the same price as the Bachmann one, and the kit will be better for me as I wil have to change which end the steps go, thanks for letting me know such a kit was available.icon_thumbsup2.gif

Cheers Peter,

Happy New Year everyone,

I have had a bit of time in the garage since Christmas and relayed part of the extension and fiddleyard.biggrin.gif Some of you may know that I wasn't happy with how things were going, so after a bit of a rethink I have come up with this, and I am much happier with it.

The hidden branch line has been moved and is now easier to clean, the Junction has gone which will make the senic break better and because there is less track entering the fiddleyard the sidings are longer and the whole fiddleyard is less complex, and will be easier to use.

The junction will now be off scene, imagined to be just past the overbridge that will form the senic break. On the pic below I have placed a tunnel mouth and some wood to show where the senic break will be.

The first pic shows how it was.

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12624119309313_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12624121204721_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12624123582412_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Peter,

All the best for 2010. I must say that the new yard layout looks a lot simpler and hence a lot better. Even though the junction is now a 'virtual' junction have you thought about putting the signalling for a junction just before the scenic break further adding to the illusion that it exists?

best regards,

Hi Peter,

All the best for 2010. I must say that the new yard layout looks a lot simpler and hence a lot better. Even though the junction is now a 'virtual' junction have you thought about putting the signalling for a junction just before the scenic break further adding to the illusion that it exists?

best regards,

Thanks Mark,

Yes thats the plan, I am going to put a colour light signal with route indicator just before the bridge, I already have one near the station so will proably use that.

Cheers Peter,

Great photos Peter, especially the Large Logo 47s. I can see a couple of those visiting my new depot!

And may be a couple of peaks too! biggrin.gif

Glad to see that you have been working on the extension.

Hi Alex,

I will be following your depot progress,smile.gif I will dig out some of my Toton pics and scan them when I get a chance.

As for Peaks you can never have enough.wink.gif

Here are my Peaks so far, still more to do.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

post-7022-12626040627854_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12626042365415_thumb.jpg

• Like 7