Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Love those class 40 pics Peter :)

Thanks Phill,

I have have D200 in works at the moment so hopefully I will get that finished soon and replace my Lima model. 

Cheers Peter.

Question. I have seen pics of MK3 Buffet coaches in the Holyhead - Euston trains, but the only pics I can find are 1989 so out of my 1985 1987 time period. Did MK3 buffet coaches turn up on Holyhead - Euston trains in my time period?

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Not just good work on the cars but great weathering on the van and the groundwork looks good even an camera-cruel close-up.  I like the speed limit sign just leaning casually against the van; might have to pinch that idea myself ;)

Question. I have seen pics of MK3 Buffet coaches in the Holyhead - Euston trains, but the only pics I can find are 1989 so out of my 1985 1987 time period. Did MK3 buffet coaches turn up on Holyhead - Euston trains in my time period?

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Bad news maybe. I have been through my pictures on the hard drive and the latest shots of Mk.1 RBs on the Eustons are in 1987 with mixed blue/grey and Intercity livery. Those taken in 1988 are all inter city livery with Mk.3 buffets. As most things changed with the summer timetable, I suggest Mk.3s probably from May 1988.

Cheers Merf.

Had to agree with Gwiwer ... the cameo around the grounded 12t van looks really good. There's always so much excellent modelling work on show, even without the trains.

Although I know it isn't portable, I often wish Llanbourne was on the exhibition circuit here in England.

Any idea about transportation costs.... :) :)

Regards

Alan

Purple Marina nice!....I am going to have to get a few vehicles for Boxenby’s car park. Wouldn’t mind a Mk1 XR2 in white with pepper pot wheels….sorry getting carried away and going back to my youth!

How good does your 31 look sat there on the Engineers train? Lovely traction at Llanbourne. I can just imagine being on the end of the platform with the 31, Peak and 47 all idling away……..

• Like 1

Not just good work on the cars but great weathering on the van and the groundwork looks good even an camera-cruel close-up.  I like the speed limit sign just leaning casually against the van; might have to pinch that idea myself ;)

Thanks Rick,

You can pinch that idea if you want. I am pretty sure I would have seen it on a layout at some point and copied it myself.

Cheers Peter. 

Hi Peter

Bad news maybe. I have been through my pictures on the hard drive and the latest shots of Mk.1 RBs on the Eustons are in 1987 with mixed blue/grey and Intercity livery. Those taken in 1988 are all inter city livery with Mk.3 buffets. As most things changed with the summer timetable, I suggest Mk.3s probably from May 1988.

Cheers Merf.

Thanks Merf,

Always appreciate your help mate, thought someone on here would know. It sort of saves me buying a MK3 though I could add one in a rake for variety. Looks like my Mainline MK1s will be in service for a while yet.

Cheers Peter.

Looking good as ever

David

Hi  David,

The comments on this thread help keep me motivated too so thanks mate. It's always nice to see people aren't getting bored of my postings and of the layout in general.

Cheers Peter.

Peter

The pictures look great but you need a removable backdrop, when taking perspective pictures.

To hide the garage doors.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes I think you are right there, I did think about painting the garage doors blue, but a removable piece of MDF would do the job. 

A job for another day.

Cheers Peter.

Had to agree with Gwiwer ... the cameo around the grounded 12t van looks really good. There's always so much excellent modelling work on show, even without the trains.

Although I know it isn't portable, I often wish Llanbourne was on the exhibition circuit here in England.

Any idea about transportation costs.... :) :)

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan,

Llanbourne was portable once, I took it to my local clubs exhibition before I left the UK. The 3 main boards came to Australia, and the fiddleyard boards and legs stayed in England. I have a few pics somewhere of Llanbourne at the Brockenhurst Exhibition, I will dig them out and post them here when I get the chance.

Cheers Peter. 

Purple Marina nice!....I am going to have to get a few vehicles for Boxenby’s car park. Wouldn’t mind a Mk1 XR2 in white with pepper pot wheels….sorry getting carried away and going back to my youth!

How good does your 31 look sat there on the Engineers train? Lovely traction at Llanbourne. I can just imagine being on the end of the platform with the 31, Peak and 47 all idling away……..

Thanks Alex,

I am trying to picture where the car park is at Toton. You will certainly need a few cars about, even one parked by the shed with some fitters working on their own car, while on their lunch break.

My class 31 does get a bit of use at the moment, it's still a bit of a favourite.

A friend of mine had a Fiesta that had been tuned and had XR2 wheels, he took me for a spin before work one morning down some local country lanes. I thought I was going to DIE, it went really well though. As Clarkson would say. " I think some wee came out" lol.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Excellent stuff as always, looking forward to the trip down to Llanbourne next week! :sungum:

Speak to you soon,

Glenn

Thanks Glenn,

I will be having a tidy up this week and clean the track and loco wheels etc.Hopefully the layout runs ok on Saturday.

Cheers Peter.