Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Regarding the Class 90 in north Wales, the shot appeared in one of the railway mags (Rail Express I suspect), but I seem to recall it came down with a Pendilno drag (did someone forgot to remove it at Crewe?laugh.gif ), and was taken back the next day - as per my shot.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Larry,

Nice one,biggrin.gif were was that going, to an open day or some such.

Cheers Peter,

It was on a London - Holyhead, normally diesel on at Crewe and electric off ... on this day the 90 was left still attached and headed off down the coast, when it got to "The Junction" a decision was made to remove it as it was not certain it would make Belmont tunnel with the pants still attached when it got to Bangor ! The loco was left there until recovered a few days later (which is what Larrys photo shows)

As far as I remember, the only other electrics to grace the North Wales line were as follows:-

303066 & 303049 photographed on 11th September 1990, and Unit 508109. The prototype Sprinter looks a darn sight more slylish than the York bodied 150s with few windows that BR eventually chose to wish on its customers!

post-6680-126985878276_thumb.jpgpost-6680-12698587971_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There would have been a few red faces over that balls up.laugh.gif did any class 86s make it to the coast? I could go and get a Heljan model.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

Larry has replied for the coast but several classes made it to Chester - depends if you want to streeeeetch facts a bit :O :lol:

PS - Go DCC :P

As far as I remember, the only other electrics to grace the North Wales line were as follows:-

303066 & 303049 photographed on 11th September 1990, and Unit 508109. The prototype Sprinter looks a darn sight more slylish than the York bodied 150s with few windows that BR eventually chose to wish on its customers!

post-6680-126985878276_thumb.jpgpost-6680-12698587971_thumb.jpg

I remember seeing pics of the prototype Sprinter at Llandudno Jn but not the 303s nice.biggrin.gif

Peter

It does make life a lot easier. blink.gifrolleyes.gif

Pete

OMG now you.laugh.gif

I need to go back through my thread and see who started this jocularity.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

I think it was Peter himself, Saying that if he can't match the speed he may need to go down the DCC line.

I think it is a very sensable discussion. The only thing is there can only be one answer.

Think the easter bunny needs to bring you a DCC set Peter.

Gary in Tassie.

I think it was Peter himself, Saying that if he can't match the speed he may need to go down the DCC line.

I think it is a very sensable discussion. The only thing is there can only be one answer.

Think the easter bunny needs to bring you a DCC set Peter.

Gary in Tassie.

Hey Gary, whos side are you on,biggrin.gif I think I had jeff worried. Now you have me worried, I am sure it wasn't me.unsure.gif

Cheers Peter,

Just a couple of pics, 33202 waits to leave the shed, 25109 sits on the fuel tank round.

I have been working on a couple of 47s, these pics show chassis' for 47535 and 47418 ready for weathering.biggrin.gif

Happy Easter cheers Peter,

post-7022-127044790645_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127044807463_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127044833406_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127044856895_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127044876512_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ask 'Dirty Diesel' :)

Merfyn

Yes remember it well Merv, and the only reason it went into the yard was beccause it was painted in EWS colours!!!

Larrys date says 2005, I thought it was 2004 it was on the Brum HHD (0730ish Junc) Summer Sat in the last year of the Virgin Train LHCS?

Did n't the Pendolinos/Voyagers take over from Dec 2004 timetable change?

Could be wrong mind, you know what us Signalmen are like.. :D

Stu

DCC is evil, it turned me into a newt ...

... now, as an amphibious salamader I have experienced several problems with DCC. Firstly, your wiring needs to be 100% otherwise shorts will turn a good operating session into a damp squid. Secondly, the cheapo chips arn't that good and therefore it can be quite expensive when you do decide to digitise. Thirdly, you'll get sucked into the wonderful world of sound and end up spending sooo much money you'll get love letters from a bloke called Darling. And finally, the ergonmics of most throttles arn't set up for lizards ...

Do you really need it ... naaaaaa ... you can obviously build a fantastic layout without it!!!

Keep up the good work Peter, think of all the lovely new trains you could buy instead of the DCC chips and throttle B)