Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Super shots there Peter, love the DMU coming around the curve, nicely weathered as well.

Thanks Andy, I stole the motor out of this one so it's a dummy to run with my other 108s and my 128. I can also use it as a failed unit and have a loco haul it.

Cheers Peter.

Lovely stuff Peter, especially with the RMB.  :paint:

Thanks Simon,

I have pulled of the vac gear now so need to make up something for the air brake gear now and fit Kadee's to the bogies.

Cheers Peter.

A belated Happy New Year Peter!

Some lovely traction running on the last day of 2015!

I bet the Large Logo tractor sounded good arriving!

Thanks Alex,

Happy New Year to you too. The 37 does sound quite good it's fitted with a  Legomanbiffo sound chip.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Great pictures as always, loving all the new end of your layout too with the sweeping curves. Wish I had the room :scratchhead: 

looking forward to seeing your 150 in action :). Re: the front end cowling was removed between 1992/93 on the 150's ready for the fitting of miniature snow ploughs from what I remember when the early regional Railways liveries came about, so they did run with them for all the late 80's. Looking brill :)

All the best,

Mark

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Great pictures as always, loving all the new end of your layout too with the sweeping curves. Wish I had the room :scratchhead:

looking forward to seeing your 150 in action :). Re: the front end cowling was removed between 1992/93 on the 150's ready for the fitting of miniature snow ploughs from what I remember when the early regional Railways liveries came about, so they did run with them for all the late 80's. Looking brill :)

All the best,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

88 was a bit of a guess, though I didn't think it was a late as 92. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

New member here checking in to say how much I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread all the way though!

Really first class modelling and photographs and I've found it really inspirational in terms of getting back into the hobby and my own humble project!

Keep up the great work and keep posting the photos!

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

New member here checking in to say how much I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread all the way though!

Really first class modelling and photographs and I've found it really inspirational in terms of getting back into the hobby and my own humble project!

Keep up the great work and keep posting the photos!

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the thread. Glad it's been an inspirational to you. All the best with your own project.

Cheers Peter.

The 150 now has it's cowling at both ends and I have made up a box that can be seen under the drivers side, I have also fitted the Pete Harvey seat etch to the power car. The RMB has also had it's bogies turned the right way round and has had it's weathering finished.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-60865600-1453767022_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-96653800-1453767066_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-48414500-1453767106_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-79373200-1453767173_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Nice looking 150.  I met my very first at Llandudno junction in that livery and thought how well it suited them.  The RMB looks the biz as well.

a sink for collecting the moisture that is pressurised out of the compressed air,
Also referred to as an in-line moisture trap and something I have on mine.  It's noticeable how much moisture collects after just a short trial run of the comp.

Nice looking 150.  I met my very first at Llandudno junction in that livery and thought how well it suited them.  The RMB looks the biz as well.

Also referred to as an in-line moisture trap and something I have on mine.  It's noticeable how much moisture collects after just a short trial run of the comp.

Thanks Rick,

I remember seeing 150s when they first came out though didn't take much notice as they were replacing loco hauled trains I only have a few pics of them which is a pity but there you go.

I have a moisture trap just need an air brush, there are a few on ebay but money is tight at the moment so it will have to wait.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Rick,

I remember seeing 150s when they first came out though didn't take much notice as they were replacing loco hauled trains I only have a few pics of them which is a pity but there you go.

Cheers Peter.

A case of half-feared, half hoped-for.  Mine turn up on a Manchester - Llandudno which I was set to use down the branch after arriving behind some sort of loco and coaches.  I think it was that trip when I caught the 20s back to Stoke on the Blythe Bridge run as well as I've only been down the branch by service train a couple of times.  Does that match the timeframe?  

Very nice. Were the seats easy to fit? Do they glue in and did you have to paint them so the stand out through the darker windows?

I sprayed the seats with primer then then a light grey i had that looked  close to the colour of the seats in the non powered coach. I glued them to the chassis block and cut out where the clips for attaching the body were. The fun bit was trying to re attach the body as it's a tight fit and I didn't want the scratch the paint off the seats. I used business cards each side and push the body on, once passed the seats I carefully removed the cards. 

Cheers Peter.

A case of half-feared, half hoped-for.  Mine turn up on a Manchester - Llandudno which I was set to use down the branch after arriving behind some sort of loco and coaches.  I think it was that trip when I caught the 20s back to Stoke on the Blythe Bridge run as well as I've only been down the branch by service train a couple of times.  Does that match the timeframe?  

I think the class 20 were a bit out of my time frame they were late 80s early 90s though I do run class 20s on Llanbourne I mean why not.

Cheers Peter.

Nice job on the 150, those extras really make a big difference, very nice...

Hi George,

Thanks Mate, still a bit to do but hopefully I can weather up the underframe over the weekend. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Lovely photo Peter. That kind of service was common when I was a kid and we would get on such a train to Leeds as a failed unit was dragged back to Neville Hill. Rarely modelled, took me right back....was great to see the shabby old Goyle visible through the windows of the unit.

Lovely photo Peter. That kind of service was common when I was a kid and we would get on such a train to Leeds as a failed unit was dragged back to Neville Hill. Rarely modelled, took me right back....was great to see the shabby old Goyle visible through the windows of the unit.

Thanks Andrew,

Only had the one failed DMU myself. A class 20 from Haymarket to Edinburgh, as you say great to see the 20 through the front windows.

another pic of 31403 having run round and ready for the off. Really must sort the platform canopies.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-39337500-1454216708_thumb.jpg

• Like 15