Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Gold

31403 hauls fail 108 on a local service.

Cheers Peter.

Hi, sorry for backtracking a bit. I've only just caught onto this thread, very much of the era I'd like too represent & brings back so great memories - like using the first series sprinters when new on the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury route.

I would like to know which model you used for 31 403 as I'd like an early series 31/4, but can't figure how to model the cowl around the radiator fan...?

Looking good as always Peter.  Like many of us I loathe the 142s with a passion in real life but they have been a part of the scene for a while now and should be seen more often on suitable layouts.  The 20s are looking good too.  

Thanks Rick, I wasn't a fan of any second Gen DMUs but as models I quite like them, as you say sort of got to have them if you model the mid 80s.

Cheers Peter.

Hi, sorry for backtracking a bit. I've only just caught onto this thread, very much of the era I'd like too represent & brings back so great memories - like using the first series sprinters when new on the Wolverhampton to Shrewsbury route.

I would like to know which model you used for 31 403 as I'd like an early series 31/4, but can't figure how to model the cowl around the radiator fan...?

No worries Rich,

You have found me now welcome aboard. My 31403 is one of the early blue loco's Hornby did but the rad cowl is from a triple grey sound fitted  Hornby class 31 which is now fitted with the rad grille from the blue loco. They are a bit tricky to remove I just took my time.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter, so it's a bit of "cross kitting" then! I'd still prefer an add-on part rather thasn buying another body, but there doesn't seem to be anything availble as far as I can tell.

Hi Rich,

You might have to see if you can get a spare body with the raised cowl or try and make one from scratch. I think A1 Models did one at some point but I haven't seen one for years.

Cheers Peter.

Very nice 20s Peter. A little bit of trivia for you, 20165 (with 153) has been to most extremities in North Wales, visiting Holyhead, Llandudno , Blaenau and possibly Llanbourne in 1979.

Thanks Merf,

I think I know the train you are on about. There is a pic on the 1D53 website. 

Cheers Peter.

Now I know why you didn't come to the BRMA meeting! Glad you got some modelling done. The 20's look good. Though they are dirty diesels8)

Hi Doug,

Hope you are well and the meeting went ok. I couldn't make it I had a mates wedding Saturday.

Cheers Peter.

Lovely fleet of Class 20's Peter. They look absolutely spot on, especially with the nice subtle weathering that really brings out the detail. Really nice work. I know where to come if mine ever break down LOL!!

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

I haven't seen your class 20s working on Peak Dale Wood yet. Back in the day some class 20s were renumbered too 20/3 to work stone trains in your area.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Great work on the 20's Peter. I now feel that I need to stamp my foot and tantrum like a baby because I don't have any and I want some!! In N of course though.

The 31 on ballast looks great too, I really like that area of your layout.

Thanks Marcus,

I haven't seen your class 20s working on Peak Dale Wood yet. Back in the day some class 20s were renumbered too 20/3 to work stone trains in your area.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

The GBRf and LUL ones have made an appearance a couple of times early on. The BR blue and Rf grey ones will make an appearance when the ICI hoppers arrive. How long that will be God only knows. They're on the lads layout at the moment. Will perhaps liberate them soon when he's not looking Haha.

Great work on the 20's Peter. I now feel that I need to stamp my foot and tantrum like a baby because I don't have any and I want some!! In N of course though.

No sulking now Master Cavan. I've told you before, there's no choppers unless you finish your layout! HaHaHa

Thanks Cav,

I think we all do the same, we see some nice loco's on here. I have been eyeing off the Dapol class 73 but don't really need one. I have been working on stock for Llanbourne for over 20 years so have almost enough loco's now. I still have a few more in boxes waiting to be done. Luckily I done need to buy many more loco's.

Look forwards to seeing what 20s you do when you get some.

Cheers Peter.