Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Hi Peter the layouts looking really good. Your rolling stock as usual is looking great also.

Thanks Doug, Still plenty to do though. 

Cheers Peter.

That last photo is terrific, it's only the Kadee and background that give it away as a model...

Thanks Rich,

I should make a removable backscene for that side of the layout it would make taking pics better.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I missed the outward working, but caught 40122 in Llanbourne South Yard on it's way back to Crewe.

Cheers Peter.

Ah whistlers on the North Wales coast... those were the days :D

Great pics Peter, especially the third one.... it looks so real!!

Cheers

Lee

Hi Peter

More great pictures and I'm really looking forward to further instalments of the loco fleet.

Class 20s up next then?

Unfortunately I'm on the iPad so I can't put up the pop corn smilie.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

Yep class 20s up next. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter, the 350s look great. Are they Hornby or Bachmann? You need a shunter on the front steps lol. Jim

Hi Jim,

Hope you are going ok, is the new addition settling in ok?

Both class 08s are Hornby. I did have two Bachmann 08s which were ok but after seeing my mates Hornby loco run on my layout I decided to sell my Bachmann loco's as they just didn't run as well, the Bachmann one's wobble too much for me.

A figure for the front steps would be good. I wouldn't mind a dollar for all the time I spent hanging off the front.

Cheers Peter. 

• Like 2

Great updates - looking forward to seeing the rest of the fleet!

I must say your ballast and weathing thereof is spot on - a perfect mix of colours, weeds, dirt vs fresh ballast, etc. Makes a real difference I think. Your trackwork is code 100 isn't it? If so, it's the same as mine and I'll certainly be using your layout as inspiration when I get to the ballasting stage. Will have to go back into the depths of the thread to see the work in progress pictures you shared to get some tips!

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

Great updates - looking forward to seeing the rest of the fleet!

I must say your ballast and weathing thereof is spot on - a perfect mix of colours, weeds, dirt vs fresh ballast, etc. Makes a real difference I think. Your trackwork is code 100 isn't it? If so, it's the same as mine and I'll certainly be using your layout as inspiration when I get to the ballasting stage. Will have to go back into the depths of the thread to see the work in progress pictures you shared to get some tips!

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

The track is code 100, if I could start again I would use code 75 but I am not ripping it up now. I really doesn't look too bad weathered up.

There is some info back in the thread on how I ballast and weather it up. Happy to help if you need anymore info though.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Jim,

Hope you are going ok, is the new addition settling in ok?

Both class 08s are Hornby. I did have two Bachmann 08s which were ok but after seeing my mates Hornby loco run on my layout I decided to sell my Bachmann loco's as they just didn't run as well, the Bachmann one's wobble too much for me.

A figure for the front steps would be good. I wouldn't mind a dollar for all the time I spent hanging off the front.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Yes all going okay thanks. Hugo is settling in well - it's just me that isn't getting any sleep!

To my eyes the Hornby 08 model captures the look of the prototype much better although the Bachmann model still looks good. I have too heard about poor running however.

Blimey, I didn't realise you had three pairs of Choppers! I am liking your fleet appraisal - it would be useful however if you could add livery information for anything that isn't BR Blue e.g. F for Railfreight lol

Hi Peter,

Yes all going okay thanks. Hugo is settling in well - it's just me that isn't getting any sleep!

To my eyes the Hornby 08 model captures the look of the prototype much better although the Bachmann model still looks good. I have too heard about poor running however.

Blimey, I didn't realise you had three pairs of Choppers! I am liking your fleet appraisal - it would be useful however if you could add livery information for anything that isn't BR Blue e.g. F for Railfreight lol

Hi Jim,

Great to hear the young fella is doing well, I am sure you will get some sleep eventually. lol

Just changed my post for you and added the F.  :senile:

Cheers Peter.

Great pics again Peter, that curve really does offer some superb photo opportunities in either direction, well done.

Thanks Andy,

Still a bit more detail to add but it's getting there. I have been running trains recently so not a lot of work has been done I should make some time and work on the layout again.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

So many more great photos... I stopped hitting the "like" button...

Thanks for taking time to explain the Llanbourne locos and their rosters. It not only explains how and why your collection of locos has developed over the years, but also helps to set the scene on Llanbourne.

Regards

Alan

Hello Peter, not looked in here for a bit, so I'd thought I'd drop in, the big curve looks absolutely fantastic.

Best regards

Craig.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for dropping by, did you notice I finally got round to finishing off the RMB I bought off you. The class 58 is on the do list for this year.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

So many more great photos... I stopped hitting the "like" button...

Thanks for taking time to explain the Llanbourne locos and their rosters. It not only explains how and why your collection of locos has developed over the years, but also helps to set the scene on Llanbourne.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan,

Class 25's next.

Cheers Peter.