Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Now there's a thought for Bachmann. Coach full of bashers plus a sound chip with the sounds of "My Lordz", "Hellfire", "Dreadful" etc being hollowed. Oh and don't forget the obligatory bog roll for Peak hauled trains.

Someone on here has a MK2 with someone Arm waving out the front window can't remember who it is though. It does Looks good.

Used to do the old bog roll out the window on the train to school now and then. 

• Like 1

And the toilet out of the window........  :O  :laugh:

As kids, we bashed anything, and never really got overly obsessed with S*lzer vs E*glish E*ectric debacle. I could never understand the mileage men, unwashed dossers, always wanting to be top men! Lifes too short! :sarcastic:

Agree Trev,

I didn't get obsessed with sulzer vs EE, I didn't get into the mileage either. I did almost clear my class 33's though only needed the one.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

I managed to clear the 33s except for the two early accident victims.  Took quite a while though as one or two seemed to be very elusive and the Slim Jims were rare in my neck of the woods. Think I cleared the last one (6592 IIRC) at Redhill on a parcels one night.

• Like 2

I'd have to admit to a degree of Crompton-bashing including along Peter's beloved north Wales coast.  One of my favourites was the Manchester - Cardiff double-header.  the other was always the Brighton - Exeter.  I've had 33 haulage to Llanbournedudno Junction and down to Blaenau Ffestiniog on the Conwy Crompton charter which nearly came to grief in the depths of Ffestiniog Tunnel.

Oh yes the Conway Crompton. We have spoken about this  before Rick, we were both on the same train. I had been drinking for a good part of the day so by the time we were stuck in Ffestiniog tunnel I was passed caring. We did get back to Euston eventually though. lol

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-20630200-1469019824_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

the Conway Crompton. We have spoken about this  before Rick, we were both on the same train.

Ah yes.  It all comes back to me now through this St. Austell ale and Codral-fuelled haze ;)

Being an SEG Committee member at the time it was expected that one remained reasonably sober though the sauce on the Christmas pud put paid to any hopes of complete sobriety!!!   Due to the very late running back up the branch some diners chose to abandon the tour at Llandudno Junction to ensure they reached the SR the same night by service train.  We ended up having to calculate differing levels of refund as the soup had been served on the branch but not the mains.  Quite a day.  

Ffestiniog tunnel is not a place you want to get stuck. Mind you I had similar with 37407 in the bottom of the Severn Tunnel on a Bristol to Cardiff service.When the driver shut off power entering the tunnel it rolled to a stand at the bottom. Lucky for us he got it going again. Still eerie sat in the bottom of the "Drain" just listening to the water rushing through the culvert between the tracks. Needless to say 407 was swapped for 417 for the afternoon16:25 Cardiff to Manchester.

• Like 1

Hi Marcus,

I was watching a youtube video on class 37 bashers the other day it was well funny. I did a few 37's back in the day the Scottish ones were the best though best run I ever had was 37188 on a Glasgow - Perth train it absolutely flew out of Glasgow and the last minute braking to stop at each station made for a very interesting ride.

I was mainly into class 33s and did Peaks when I could. I never knew of any Crompton Bashers tweaking the butterfly but Peak Bashers well I wouldn't put anything past the Peak Army. lol

Cheers Peter.

Ah, that'll be the Channel 4 documentary "Bashers" Although I was on a fair few of those trains, 37710 on the coast and 114,023,116 on the Oban charter I managed to avoid the camera. Fat Daz who has the tractor esque bathroom is a driver with us along with Steve McGann who is interviewed in the compo on the East Lancs. Funniest bit is Rishton withering Pip Dunn over 37408 being renamed. Most entertaining. Edited by Marcus 37

• RMweb Premium

Ffestiniog tunnel is not a place you want to get stuck. Mind you I had similar with 37407 in the bottom of the Severn Tunnel on a Bristol to Cardiff service.When the driver shut off power entering the tunnel it rolled to a stand at the bottom. Lucky for us he got it going again. Still eerie sat in the bottom of the "Drain" just listening to the water rushing through the culvert between the tracks. Needless to say 407 was swapped for 417 for the afternoon16:25 Cardiff to Manchester.

The problems on the Conwy Crompton were two-fold.  First we lost our intended path to Blaenau because a relief crew wasn't in the right place back at Bescot so we were late arriving and were required to let the branch service go down first. So while we waited the driver refuelled at Llandudno Junction which required the two locos to be split as I recall due to the position of the fuel point.  They made it to Blaenau but on the return we stopped in the tunnel due to lost air.  Rumour down the train was we'd hit a sheep because of the sudden and shuddering stop but it seems the air connection between the locos hadn't been reconnected exactly after refuelling and had finally parted in the most awkward spot imaginable.  So we completely stuffed the remaining branch service and were back at the Junction well after dark and over two hours late as I recall.  Added to that the Pullman rake didn't see a lot of use and had low batteries meaning it was freezing at the start and remained cold inside for much of the trip.  No wonder Peter enjoyed himself so much at the bar ;)

• RMweb Premium

Someone on here has a MK2 with someone Arm waving out the front window can't remember who it is though. It does Looks good.

I think was on Stu's (SparxD428) layout Westquay.

post-6922-0-21658700-1469024275.jpg

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 11

With some help from my Daughter I have uploaded my first video taken on my i phone. I have a few more I will upload at some point.

25904 passes 25109 in the carriage sidings while working the daily Speedlink from Warrington.

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M
  • Like 14

Hi Peter. I'm getting a message that says "This video is private". You may have to change your sharing settings.

Should be sorted now mate. Thanks for letting me know.

I emailed Biff so he knows you will be contacting him at some point.

Cheers Peter.

Should be sorted now mate. Thanks for letting me know.

I emailed Biff so he knows you will be contacting him at some point.

Cheers Peter.

Yep, that works now. Thanks for that. Looking very good indeed.

I will have to shoot him an email soon - still sorting my own requirements at this stage.

Thanks 

Hi Pete
Hope that video is the first of many. Cracking stuff.
Llanbourne with movement and sound. What more could you ask for.
Cheers
Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

I have a few more that I did a few months back which I will up load during the week. I didn't do any over the weekend as we were away. I will do some more now that I have some idea what I am doing.

Cheers Peter.

nice video mate rats look good .

Thanks Mate.

Great to see Llanbourne on Youtube, i'll be subscribing so I hope to see regular updates  :boast:

Thanks Simon,

I plan to do more but it's with my old i phone so the quality wont be great.

Cheers Peter.