Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Nice vids Peter - keep em coming :good:

Thanks Pete,

I still have a few left, but then I will try and do some with the camera which might be better than the i phone.

Cheers Peter.

Yeah, great Videos again Peter, love the nice low angles, any of the Terminus workings by any chance, like arrivals / running around and departures?

Thanks Andy,

There is a short vid of the class 26 running round on the other page but yes I need to do more from the station area.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Andy,

There is a short vid of the class 26 running round on the other page but yes I need to do more from the station area.

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Peter, watched the second Vid yesterday but missed the run round one, yet another classic, thanks.

I had a running session yesterday and a mate of mine came round with a few of his class 26s and 27. I did a a few video's but this time with the digital camera. They don't seem to be any better that the one taken with my i phone but I will load a few up.

My friend also brought me a surprise that he has been working on for a while. It's a loco that has been on my to do list for over 20 years and will look very much at home on Llanbourne.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-83490200-1471173038_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-91703300-1471173088_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-91249600-1471173114_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

I had a running session yesterday and a mate of mine came round with a few of his class 26s and 27. I did a a few video's but this time with the digital camera. They don't seem to be any better that the one taken with my i phone but I will load a few up.

My friend also brought me a surprise that he has been working on for a while. It's a loco that has been on my to do list for over 20 years and will look very much at home on Llanbourne.

Cheers Peter.

Looks better like this IMHO:

post-21039-0-99130700-1471174689_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

tamworth castle looks right at home with your layout mate the photos look good as allways .The 58 have been a personal fav seeing them on coal trains in the midlands from beeing a small lad.

Thanks mate,

I gave the 58 another run on Sunday. 

It's a nice model. 

Cheers Peter.

Excellent Videos again Peter, I like the Station departure, superb.

Thanks Andy,

The quality isn't very good I need to get something better to record train movements.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi John,

I don't mind the two tone green but blue is the colour for me.

Cheers Peter.

Fair enough Peter. We painted the loco green at Holbeck when it was being used as a training vehicle for Eastern Region M&EE staff in the late 1980s. As Area Engineer I took an executive decision that the nameplates should have GWR-style lettering. It also had 55A shed plates fitted.

Spent an enjoyable week or so reading though this.

Love the work here, and its almost enough to tempt me over to BR Blue... At least then I won't have to worry about overscale valve gear and wheel quartering for P4 haha

Love the photos on the BRMA membership list too, the black and white shots look brilliant!

Keep up the good work.

Peter

Fair enough Peter. We painted the loco green at Holbeck when it was being used as a training vehicle for Eastern Region M&EE staff in the late 1980s. As Area Engineer I took an executive decision that the nameplates should have GWR-style lettering. It also had 55A shed plates fitted.

Hi John,

Didn't know you were the area Engineer on the Eastern. Nice touch the GWR style lettering I mean it was a Castle. 

25322 had a charmed life really as I think at one point it was withdrawn and the Apprentices at Toton gave it the the new paint job and got it going. The Ice Cream van livery as it was called made it a bit of a celebrity. During 85 it was renumbered 25912 giving it another new lease on life and it was one of the last class 25s running in 87. Your gang at Holbeck probably saved it again making it a favourite for railtours and later for preservation. 

Cheers Peter.

Spent an enjoyable week or so reading though this.

Love the work here, and its almost enough to tempt me over to BR Blue... At least then I won't have to worry about overscale valve gear and wheel quartering for P4 haha

Love the photos on the BRMA membership list too, the black and white shots look brilliant!

Keep up the good work.

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I noticed a few likes. Glad you like the layout you can't beat a bit of BR blue.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Looking fantastic Pete, I am loving that last picture of the 25 on departmental with the tanks in the siding , so realistic. Fantastic sweeping lines.

Cheers

Stu.

Thanks Stu,

Noticed you have been busy on your layout too. It's looking great.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi John,

Didn't know you were the area Engineer on the Eastern. Nice touch the GWR style lettering I mean it was a Castle. 

25322 had a charmed life really as I think at one point it was withdrawn and the Apprentices at Toton gave it the the new paint job and got it going. The Ice Cream van livery as it was called made it a bit of a celebrity. During 85 it was renumbered 25912 giving it another new lease on life and it was one of the last class 25s running in 87. Your gang at Holbeck probably saved it again making it a favourite for railtours and later for preservation. 

Cheers Peter.

Yes, for my sins, from 1985 to 1989. I wanted the GWR style on the plates to match the style of the painted name when it was running as 25322/912.

Credit for "saving" it should go to the guys in the ER M&EE training department at the time - we just found a home for it. Some of the Holbeck staff took on the repaint as a spare time project although some of the materials were paid for by BR.

The Sherwood Green came from Precision Paints (in a larger-than-standard tin fortunately).

• Like 2