Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

Lovely work on the repaints Peter, something I intend doing in the future is a couple of repaints similar to your own.

Thanks Simon,

I actually picked up a red stripe skinhead class 31 a few years back  but decided to do a standard one in the end. The skinhead one will now be done as a blue one so another repaint on the cards. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Excellent work on the repaints! 

When I get to the stage where I have stock which needs repaints (which will happen for some items I want) if I can get even close to the precision you've achieved on those I'll be happy!

All the best,

Peter

Thanks Peter,

Good to see you at the meeting yesterday. I am quite happy with them but it's seems to have taken ages to get them this far. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Excellent work on the repaints! 

When I get to the stage where I have stock which needs repaints (which will happen for some items I want) if I can get even close to the precision you've achieved on those I'll be happy!

All the best,

Peter

Thanks Peter,

Good to see you at the meeting yesterday. I am quite happy with them but it's seems to have taken ages to get them this far. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Love the work you've done here Peter, and the Railfreight 31 looks awesome.

Thanks Andy,

As I was saying it seems to have taken ages to get this far but both loco's are well on the way to be finished, just the chassis detailing and drivers to get on with.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Ooooooh!! Very much liking the look of the red stripe split box tractor. Looking forward to seeing LOT's more of that.

The weathering on the blue 31 looks superb especially the oil stains on the sole bar. Top work once again.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus,

The red stripe loco's wont be as dirty as 31323, as  red stripe liv was still quite new in 87. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

31323!.....looks brilliant Peter. Your layout and loco's are driving me more and more towards or backwards to an 80's layout.

Thanks Andrew,

All you need to do is add a few tops numbers to your class 33 and 73. lol

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter 

I must admit I love the weathering of your BR Blue ped, in particular the bedplate oil stains seeping through the bodywork. Nailed it!

Thanks for the updates, like others I like to see your latest work.

Cheers

Trev :)

Hi Peter, I don’t know what it is but there is something about Scottish Large Logo 47s, especially Eastfield machines. Lovely Brush Beast you have created there, very nice work indeed.
Like many other on here, I always enjoy seeing photos of your stock as the weathering is just how I remember seeing the real things. Superb!
I too really liked Red stripe Railfreight and it suited all the locos that received the livery.
Keep up the good work Sir.

Hi Peter 

I must admit I love the weathering of your BR Blue ped, in particular the bedplate oil stains seeping through the bodywork. Nailed it!

Thanks for the updates, like others I like to see your latest work.

Cheers

Trev :)

Thanks Trev,

The old Peds certainly got a bit grubby, I saw a pic of 31323 and just had to do it. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Hi Peter, I don’t know what it is but there is something about Scottish Large Logo 47s, especially Eastfield machines. Lovely Brush Beast you have created there, very nice work indeed.

Like many other on here, I always enjoy seeing photos of your stock as the weathering is just how I remember seeing the real things. Superb!

I too really liked Red stripe Railfreight and it suited all the locos that received the livery.

Keep up the good work Sir.

Thanks Alex,

Hope you are well, thought you might like the class Scottish 47. It's been a while since I had one on Llanbourne. 

Cheers Peter.

Looking good as always

David

Thanks Mate. Just need to get them finished. lol

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Those are coming along very well. I like the weathering on the blue 31 too, it looks superb. Very much how I remember them in the late 80's at Barrow.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I started to put the windows back in the class 31 tonight and it seems I have lost one of the cabside windows. I will have another look tomorrow but not happy with myself for losing them. I have started work on the underframes  so have been fitting pipework etc.

Cheers Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

Merry Christmas Peter to you and your Family, and a Happy New Year.

Great pic BTW, I've been to Sway a few times, but NEVER on Days like that,  :O                       thank goodness. :no:  :no: :scared:  

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas everyone. 

And to you Peter - love catching up on Llanbourne!  Always something new and changing :). That 31 looks superb, might have to nick that idea!

Happy Christmas!

Rich