Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

A few more. 

47561 ticks over in the middle road. Waiting to work the next Inter City service to Holyhead.

45111 waits for the road to go on shed.

A new service on Llanbourne is an Afternoon Speedlink from Crewe with some MOD and clay traffic. I know this traffic wasn't seen on the coast but I remember seeing it at Eastleigh back in the day and have always wanted a couple of clay tigers.

Cheers Peter.

And NOW I want to get my Clay Tigers our again, they are a superb model, aren't they Peter.

• Like 1

And NOW I want to get my Clay Tigers our again, they are a superb model, aren't they Peter.

Most expensive wagon I have ever bought but yes they are very nice. I just need to weather them. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Most expensive wagon I have ever bought but yes they are very nice. I just need to weather them. 

Cheers Peter.

Good, so do I, so I'll see what YOU do first, haha :no: , almost frightened to touch them, let alone attack them with an Air Brush and Powders etc. hahah.

Edited by Andrew P

Good, so do I, so I'll see what YOU do first, haha :no: , almost frightened to touch them, let alone attack them with an Air Brush and Powders etc. hahah.

You might be waiting a while. They are high on the list of things to do, but I have quite a few things that need doing first. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You want weathering? You know where to come ;)

No tigers coming here as I already have full rakes of the clean and dirty silver bullets and the NACCOs released a few years back. But they are nice wagons.

You want weathering? You know where to come ;)

No tigers coming here as I already have full rakes of the clean and dirty silver bullets and the NACCOs released a few years back. But they are nice wagons.

I really liked your silver bullets I remember seeing them most days on the Eastleigh - Quidhampton trip working. I wouldn't mind a few myself one day but they are out of my time period.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Good to see blue again. I had to look several times at the class 45 before I realised it was a model.

Thanks Alan, 45036 is getting quite old now it's one of the older Bachmann chassis with a Mainline body which does have it 's faults but I am quite happy with it.

Cheers Peter.

Great pics of a great period Peter, I cant wait to get my O Gauge 25 in Blue with twin speakers from Jintyman.

Thanks Andy, I saw Jinty's weathered blue 25. It looks superb, I am looking forwards to the later body style 25 which I think is coming out soon though I have been saving for a class 20.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

I like all of the photos, but the Class 150 DMU picture is my favourite  :good:

Simon

Thanks Simon, I do like my 150 it's a nice model. I wasn't a fan of the real thing back in the day though.

Cheers Peter.

Hi

Great photos, liking the photo with the DMU in the Wall Arch, that's a great photo.

Regards

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, It does show up some dodgy brickwork but I quite like the angle through the arch.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-64713900-1526736267_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Those latest pictures are fantastic again, very atmospheric.

I remember being very disappointed at the lack of a forward view when 150s were introduced on the Shrewsbury services from Wolverhampton. The fact that the doors stayed open unless someone pushed the "door close" button was also a bit annoying if they were sat in the bay platform at Wolves in the middle of winter with a gale blowing! I was more impressed with their performance compared to 1st gen. DMUs though.

Slightly alarming to realise they're over 30 years old now and we still rely on them in the several parts of the country!

Those latest pictures are fantastic again, very atmospheric.

I remember being very disappointed at the lack of a forward view when 150s were introduced on the Shrewsbury services from Wolverhampton. The fact that the doors stayed open unless someone pushed the "door close" button was also a bit annoying if they were sat in the bay platform at Wolves in the middle of winter with a gale blowing! I was more impressed with their performance compared to 1st gen. DMUs though.

Slightly alarming to realise they're over 30 years old now and we still rely on them in the several parts of the country!

Thanks Rich,

Makes me feel quite old when you say they are now 30 years old now. My main problem with them was the fact that many loco hauled services disappeared when they were introduced, though I have to agree they certainly had a bit of get up and go. 

Cheers Peter.

In that early Provincial Railways Sector colour scheme, they added quite a splash of colour to the scene as well.

I always quite liked the Provincial livery. He is the 150 again about to work down the branch.

post-7022-0-96624800-1526979406_thumb.jpg

• Like 11