Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

A video from the other day.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Great YouTube clips, class 33 brings back some great memories and the Class 47 in Large BR Logo with a Mixed livery of coaches look so great together.

Regards

Jamie

• Like 5

Thanks Jamie,

I was a big fan of the class 33s. When they were working Pompey - Cardiff   trains I used to go out for haulage and pics. 47's on Inter- City trains where a daily sight too hard to believe this was  over 30 years ago.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Thanks Jamie,

I was a big fan of the class 33s. When they were working Pompey - Cardiff   trains I used to go out for haulage and pics. 47's on Inter- City trains where a daily sight too hard to believe this was  over 30 years ago.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Yes hard to believe how the time as flown by, when I think back 30 years, even now I think of the 1970's, whatever happened to the over 18 years hey! lol

Great YouTube Clip class 31 in Rail Freight Grey with Red line another great livery.  I relate it to being at Besot J9 M6 (UK) walking along the path right next to a full line of 58's and climbing up to the door of 58001 seemed like yesterday! 

Sadly you can not walk freely along that path no more and its full of aggregate piled up high now as they load up the hopers for the re-railing work country wide, its constantly being used.

Regards

Jamie

Thanks Jamie,

Cheers Peter.

I used to have my Lunch Hour at Fratton some days, hanging over the wall and watching the 33's and 50's coming and going. Often plombs of Blue Smoke chugging out of the roofs. It's a wonder I never went back to work with a Blue face and covered in oil I think. 

Hi Peter

Yes hard to believe how the time as flown by, when I think back 30 years, even now I think of the 1970's, whatever happened to the over 18 years hey! lol

Great YouTube Clip class 31 in Rail Freight Grey with Red line another great livery.  I relate it to being at Besot J9 M6 (UK) walking along the path right next to a full line of 58's and climbing up to the door of 58001 seemed like yesterday! 

Sadly you can not walk freely along that path no more and its full of aggregate piled up high now as they load up the hopers for the re-railing work country wide, its constantly being used.

Regards

Jamie

Thanks Jamie, I remember the path down by the stabling roads at Bescot only did it the once though. Second time got told to off. Always good for 20s 31s 58s etc.

Cheers Peter.

I used to have my Lunch Hour at Fratton some days, hanging over the wall and watching the 33's and 50's coming and going. Often plombs of Blue Smoke chugging out of the roofs. It's a wonder I never went back to work with a Blue face and covered in oil I think. 

I didn't get down to Fratton, I have a few pics from one stop off but that's it. I took some pics of a class 50 at Portsmouth one Summer Saturday but the film got lost though I do have a few class 33 pics at Portsmouth.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Peter

Great YouTube clips, class 33 brings back some great memories and the Class 47 in Large BR Logo with a Mixed livery of coaches look so great together.

Regards

Jamie

Great videos here Peter..

A few more video's. 45036 leaves on a ballast working.

150 on a Local service to Holyhead.

97407 works a short rake of Grampus back to Chester. No Sound chip in this loco, the noise is the rain on the garage roof.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 18

Hi Peter - love the Crompton vid.

It just looks 'right' something we all inspire to! :good:

Trev :)

Thanks Trev, I trust you got a bit of mileage from the Cromptons Down at Swanage last week.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Thanks Trev, I trust you got a bit of mileage from the Cromptons Down at Swanage last week.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter - certainly did! (mostly 111) - and the ED's too  :yes:

Happy days!

Managed a few shots in between too!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58806173@N08/42177305041/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58806173@N08/41278695795/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58806173@N08/42042493702/in/dateposted-public/

Trev :)

Edited by big T
  • Like 3

Great photo and one I can replicate too!

Thanks Nick, I think anyone modelling North Wales in the mid 80s has to have this pair. :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

Nice shots Trev,

I always rated 33111 back in the day, so glad it's been preserved. I bet you had a few beers while down that way too, the beers festival was pretty good when I went a few years ago.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-60632200-1527771895_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Rick, hope you are all well and enjoying the Summer. Bit cold here at the moment.

Cheers Peter.

Warm to hot, humid and stormy here though we just had another sunny week and both May bank holidays were scorchers.

Those old boards that had track laid but were used as shelves under Penhayle Bay are finally up on legs and only need a corner section cut and fitted before I can run powered tests on the new project. Watch this space. And watch out for an 07 dock shunter which is due any day now.

• Like 2

Warm to hot, humid and stormy here though we just had another sunny week and both May bank holidays were scorchers.

Hi Gwiwer

Just thinking about your hot humid climate, how do you get on with track buckling or any other heat related conditions, and making the layout work as most electrical items have that 'ideal working conditions' example 0-40c (don't quote me on that, just plucked out of thin air lol) do you ever run into difficulty on your hand controller or other powered items like... transformer, Point Motors, DCC Point controllers etc not turning on due to 'Out of Limits' so to speak...!

I know here in the UK, we never range outside of those nor outside due to being to cold and wet ha-ha, apart from a short freak of nature once in a blue moon lol

Regards

Jamie

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

All seems very quiet and Llanbourne - your not closed for re-signalling to those funny coloured traffic light things are you?  Network Rail have been reorganising Liverpool Lime Street in recent weeks with a complete closure, hope the same isn't befalling Llanbourne!

Hope all is well with you, I am assuming your into cooler weather now - for once we seem to be having an Australian summer over here!

Rich

Hi Peter,

All seems very quiet and Llanbourne - your not closed for re-signalling to those funny coloured traffic light things are you?  Network Rail have been reorganising Liverpool Lime Street in recent weeks with a complete closure, hope the same isn't befalling Llanbourne!

Hope all is well with you, I am assuming your into cooler weather now - for once we seem to be having an Australian summer over here!

Rich

Hi Rich,

I am going ok thanks, weather hasn't been as cold as some winters but still cold enough, it's been quite windy recently too and showers coming across the bay. As I keep telling  my Mum and Dad enjoy the heat while you can as it will probably turn crap next week. Though I understand you must be a bit over it as most houses don't have Air con so you can't really get away from the heat.

I haven't touched Llanbourne for a while now. but have been busy on the workbench. Last time I ran Llanbourne I went through the timetable and it reminded me I needed a rake of coaches for  a second Cardiff-Crewe- Holyhead set plus a few MK2s to make up a short set for  Manchester - Bangor service that I run. Five MK1s have now been finished. Two MK2s await weathering and while I was in the mood to do a few coaches I tarted up an old Lima Trans-Pennine coach by adding flush glazing, an old Dapol MK2d has also been worked on and needs some final weathering.

Two loco's have been worked on too. Both have been in bits for well over a year  33008 is still a little way off as is 27005 but I am making good progress at the moment.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-32419500-1533716736_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-10652800-1533716836_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-32906200-1533716888_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rich,

I am going ok thanks, weather hasn't been as cold as some winters but still cold enough, it's been quite windy recently too and showers coming across the bay. As I keep telling  my Mum and Dad enjoy the heat while you can as it will probably turn crap next week. Though I understand you must be a bit over it as most houses don't have Air con so you can't really get away from the heat.

I haven't touched Llanbourne for a while now. but have been busy on the workbench. Last time I ran Llanbourne I went through the timetable and it reminded me I needed a rake of coaches for  a second Cardiff-Crewe- Holyhead set plus a few MK2s to make up a short set for  Manchester - Bangor service that I run. Five MK1s have now been finished. Two MK2s await weathering and while I was in the mood to do a few coaches I tarted up an old Lima Trans-Pennine coach by adding flush glazing, an old Dapol MK2d has also been worked on and needs some final weathering.

Two loco's have been worked on too. Both have been in bits for well over a year  33008 is still a little way off as is 27005 but I am making good progress at the moment.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear all is well.  Love looking back through the Llanbourne thread on a regular basis for inspiration or just pure enjoyment, so glad to hear that your still progressing with things.  Yes I have to say on a personal note, if you want this heat back 'down under' you can have it anytime!

Lovely shots btw, just look at the light through those storm clouds - wonderful.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear all is well.  Love looking back through the Llanbourne thread on a regular basis for inspiration or just pure enjoyment, so glad to hear that your still progressing with things.  Yes I have to say on a personal note, if you want this heat back 'down under' you can have it anytime!

Lovely shots btw, just look at the light through those storm clouds - wonderful.

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

Good to hear that Llanbourne gives you some inspiration, seems like you are getting your mojo back. 

Glad you like the pics just goes to prove it's not always hot and sunny here. Happy if you want to send some heat over though I am a bit over the winter.

Just a few pics of the finished Mk1s and MK2s and a few other things on the workbench.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-16836100-1533818994_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-87151900-1533819035_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-54509700-1533819096_thumb.jpg

• Like 16