Jump to content

P.C.M

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

Recommended Posts

That's a good find Mark, around 58 seconds, I love the class 25 and the wagons adapted for Permanent way use.

Steve,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 1977joey said:

Hi Peter,

 

discovered this video on youtube & thought it would be of interest, totally your location & Era https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_wink3.gif

 

enjoy...

 

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, Some nice loco hauled action there. Look like the Peak working an inter city train too. Normally booked for class 47/4s.

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sb67 said:

That's a good find Mark, around 58 seconds, I love the class 25 and the wagons adapted for Permanent way use.

Steve,

Hi Steve, They are ZHV's old Mineral wagons with slots cut into the sides to stop overloading.

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for some DCC advice. I am sure I have had this problem before but can't find any info at the moment. None sound normal 21 pin decoder lights go on and off  each speed step. I am sure it was as simple as changing a CV last time but I  can't remember which one.

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pete, make sure you have 28/128 speed steps selected on the Power Cab (button on the lower right, from memory). The flashing lights usually indicate you have got it on 14 speed steps.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SRman said:

Pete, make sure you have 28/128 speed steps selected on the Power Cab (button on the lower right, from memory). The flashing lights usually indicate you have got it on 14 speed steps.

Thanks Jeff though you might know. I will check tomorrow. 

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Peter, but I'm also drooling over the Blue 33, a really lovely photo, thanks.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you don't mind Peter, but I had to remove most of that white wall, haha.

20191014_222035.jpg.94cfebab2a319c281ff885a5d5fc8775.jpg.429fc3cddc1298b5eb8794880cc1b751.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Andrew P said:

I hope you don't mind Peter, but I had to remove most of that white wall, haha.

 

But what have you done to the 33 - it's now a skinhead

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

But what have you done to the 33 - it's now a skinhead

Whoops, Oh Poooooo:nono:

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Andy, Still more work to do on the shed. The Crompton does look strange without the Horn housing though.

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shed is looking great! Brick work looks nice and the complex roof structure is neat - was it copied/inspired from something or just made up on the hoof - either way it looks excellent. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Chris64B said:

The shed is looking great! Brick work looks nice and the complex roof structure is neat - was it copied/inspired from something or just made up on the hoof - either way it looks excellent. https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png

Thanks Chris, I was going for a bit like Holyhead. and copying the Bachmann Scenecraft loco shed. I took some pics of a mates one and got some idea's on how to do the roof.

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still running a few trains. 37428 is seen leaving on an early morning pass/van train for Cardiff.

 

Cheers Peter.

20191027_200448.jpg

20191028_221952.jpg

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, P.C.M said:

I always like to see a pass/van train. I never got to experience them, bring just too young (or possibly just unaware). I’ve seen a few photos of surprisingly short van trains with a BSK in them being electric hauled, something I’m keen to recreate. Were there any still running to North Wales in the late 80’s? I haven’t seen any pictures, but then there aren’t many of parcels traffic at all, presumably because it was dark!

 

Super evocative photos as ever though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some more great photos Peter, always enjoy seeing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 61656 said:

I always like to see a pass/van train. I never got to experience them, bring just too young (or possibly just unaware). I’ve seen a few photos of surprisingly short van trains with a BSK in them being electric hauled, something I’m keen to recreate. Were there any still running to North Wales in the late 80’s? I haven’t seen any pictures, but then there aren’t many of parcels traffic at all, presumably because it was dark!

 

Super evocative photos as ever though. 

Thanks although the Pass/vans i run on Llanbourne is a bit of a cheat. As far as I know there wasn't such a train on the North Wales Coast in the mid 80s. but there where quite a few all over the UK. There was a train from Cardiff to Crewe and I have imagined it was extended to Llanbourne. The train was book for a class 47 but the 37/4s were quite common on it along with class 50s which worked the train on a number of accasions.

 

Cheers Peter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had some time tonight to sort a few DCC issues. Two class 47s needed cv29 changed so the lights are now sorted. Next was fitting a TTS decoder on my class 31. Now This was a replacement decoder as the last one was playing up. Guess what same problem.{ Loco moves about 30cm then stops then moves then stops sound works.} So had a play, decoder works fine in Bachmann 8 pin chassis. so decoder is ok. fitted non sound 8 pin decoder to class 31 no problem. Any idea's cos I am done.

 

Cheers Peter.

Edited by P.C.M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, P.C.M said:

So I had some time tonight to sort a few DCC issues. Two class 47s needed cv29 changed so the lights are now sorted. Next was fitting a TTS decoder on my class 31. Now This was a replacement decoder as the last one was playing up. Guess what same problem.{ Loco moves about 30cm then stops then moves then stops sound works.} So had a play, decoder works fine in Bachmann 8 pin chassis. so decoder is ok. fitted non sound 8 pin decoder to class 31 no problem. Any idea's cos I am done.

 

Cheers Peter.

 

Hi Pete.  Dd you remove the capacitors from the 31?

 

I have a few TTS decoders in use, but I haven't investigated their abilities to alter BEMF settings. That could be worth a look.

 

Also, there are CVs that alter the behaviour including the BEMF cutoff:  CVs 150 to 154 (documented in the leaflet that comes with the decoder. Try CV 150 = 1 as a starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.