Kits of Scottish railway buildings

Ben Alder

• RMweb Gold

bin?r=%7B%22method%22:%22mail.message.at

Here is the roadside of the development print, crisp print, I think some fun to be has as the batten and board build almost invisible so some 5 thou micro strip might be required or careful paint shading. But certainly has the feel and almost here the clatter of a pausing 26 on load 3.       

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Robert Shrives said:

Here is the roadside of the development print, crisp print, I think some fun to be has as the batten and board build almost invisible so some 5 thou micro strip might be required or careful paint shading. But certainly has the feel and almost here the clatter of a pausing 26 on load 3.

If you say so: I can’t see anything.

• Agree 2

Hi, hope your all safe and well.

The platform side view looks really nice. Unfortunately the other side does not appear to have uploaded correctly.

do you know what selling platform these will appear on as I notice Open Factory are not currently showing an model railway items.

stay safe.

Mark.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, definate maybe said:

Hi, hope your all safe and well.

The platform side view looks really nice. Unfortunately the other side does not appear to have uploaded correctly.

do you know what selling platform these will appear on as I notice Open Factory are not currently showing an model railway items.

stay safe.

Mark.

Mark,  All good and calm, even if real network happily lumbers from crisis to disaster! 

The Open factory site in Edinburgh and Pop up design crew are involved in house and kit moves , hopefully taking orders very shortly and then items should repopulate.  I will advise when I know more - but keep checking back on the site as hits count!  Certainly it the building prints as well as the bridge, Engine shed and signal cabin have then its more tools we can use in recreating a lovely part of the country in miniature, important as going in RW is not possible today.   

Thanks for the reply.

I knew they were in the process of moving but noticed it was only the railway options not showing on Open Factory so wasn’t sure is they were separating out operations as well.

after years of wanting a far north layout but not thinking the kits were available to make it happen, a wait is not an issue and the progress so far is more than I could have imagined.

Take care and Stay safe

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, aardvark said:

Sorry - where do I find "Open Factory"? Not a good phrase to search for.

Theres a link (etsy) on page 1, 1st July from Ben Alder. Not a lot on there at moment due to them moving etc.

• Thanks 1

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OpenFactory

Not a lot is available on the page just now although he can do others from before but Iain Ross is planning discussions with him re alternative materials to reproduce the likes of board and batten more cleanly as it is impossible to smooth out striations  from the current resin used. This is in hiatus just now until movement is less restricted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Here are shots of Plockton and Dornoch plonked on the layout to see what they looked like. Still some detailing to tidy up and then put on bases - these ones are for Pop Up's shop - and I left the wall detail as it came on the kit. The lack of relief battens aren't too obvious, I think, especially to the eye rather than the camera.

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Dornoch plonked and plinthed ready to head off to Pop Up. A lovely little thing, I must say; who could resist building a model of the station with this available......:rolleyes:

IMG_1925.JPG.8e4dc4454af6dca25b4d201c43945e23.JPGIMG_1924.JPG.cbb0915345707d1a0af34f96a369b020.JPG

And a couple of bench shots showing bits unseen in earlier pics.

IMG_1909.JPG.ec0d3e72a2f250f86369f927ba19ca1d.JPGIMG_1906.JPG.7367953fa0e4bd93c8f24954ea28a270.JPG

• Like 8

Posted already on the Pop Up thread in Smaller Suppliers, but for completeness, here are one or two of the latest batch now ready for going off to Pop Up's new showrooms. More on the other page.

20210613_154844.jpg

20210613_154938.jpg

20210613_155108.jpg

20210613_152941.jpg

Edited by Ben Alder
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I’ve just ordered the 7mm scale GNoSR waiting shelter, looks a compact kit for £20, ideal for small layout. 

I passed on the Black 5 kit but a Barclay pug would have been a different matter!

Dava