NSWGR O Gauge Kits in UK.

• RMweb Premium

Western Thunder topic will be of interest to NSWGR O Gauge modellers see "New South Wales Railways rolling stock" under S7 page.

Take Care. James.

• 3 months later...

I thought I would update everyone on progress.

The 3D printer is here and it have been tested. The results make some of the "Commercial" 3D printers look like they are lowering their quality to maximise their profits. But I will not say anything more on that.

So, with this in mind, I have changed how I'm going to do the kits. As you all know I was going to print the bodies and have the strapping as a separate etch as I have done with most of our other 7mm kit. Now they are all going to be printed as complete blocks buffer guides, and strapping included. The plan to etch the axle guards and brakes stays the same. This means that I will not need to have extra tooling for other NSWGR wagons going forward. And this also gives an option to scale up (G1 1/32) or down (HO) the wagon bodies with little effort if their is a demand.

So to start with these will be the kits.
Kit 1 2 plank (D) drop side 8ft6 Wheel base (fitted or unfitted)
Kit2 2 plank (D) centre door 8ft6 Wheel base (fitted or unfitted)
Kit3 3 plank (D) drop side 8ft6 Wheel base (fitted or unfitted)
Kit4 3 plank (D) centre door 8ft6 Wheel base (fitted or unfitted)
Kit5 3 plank (D) centre door with extended raves for coke/shale/chip wood 8ft6 Wheel base (fitted or unfitted)
Kit6 3 plank (D) drop side 9ft Wheel base(fitted or unfitted)
Kit7 3 plank (D) centre door 9ft Wheel base(fitted or unfitted)
Kit8 3 plank (D) centre door with extended raves for coke/shale/chip wood 9ft Wheel base(fitted or unfitted)
Kit9 1 plank (A) fixed side 8ft6 Wheel base (unfitted)

I'm hoping to have the first ones ready for shipping at the start of December so they can be with people by Christmas. I you do want any of the above for Christmas The last day for ordering will be Oct 31st as I need of order etches.

Marc

NSWGR D 2plk unfitted pre-1890-1905.jpg

NSWGR D 3plk fitted post-1890.jpg

NSWGR D 3plk centerdoor unfitted pre-1890-1905 - Copy.jpg

NSWGR D 3plk centerdoor unfitted pre-1890-1905.jpg

NSWGR D Shale.jpg

• Like 1