Redding Grove TMD

TJAMC

Hi All, I’m Toby and I am relatively new to RMWeb, so a little bit about myself.

During the 80's I grew up near Westbury Station (Wiltshire) and a friend and I would wander down to the station to watch the traction that frequented the area during that time, occasionally we were invited to mooch around the stabling point.

Back then my parents bought me N Gauge set and then this was put away once I discovered the opposite sex. I am now progressing into middle age so I thought it would be a good idea to get re-introduced to the hobby that bought so much enjoyment back then as well as a hobby that will take me into retirement. 

After being introduced by a close friend to a local Model Railway Club that mainly operate in 7mm, I have decided that this would be a nice gauge to start my first project in the confines of my garage.

Welcome to what will be known as Redding Grove - TMD.

At the present time I am nearing the end of converting what was once a garage that stored everything bar a car and once it was cleared out this has become my railway room. I am limited to what I can actually operate due to modelling in O Gauge so hence why I have settled on a TMD as well as bringing back some childhood memories.

I will post some pictures as to my progress once I have downloaded them from my phone.

• Like 2

As promised I have managed to download a few snaps that were taken as we progressed in making the garage into my hobby room.

No car in here ......

5b909dc9-8389-4920-952e-6bef3624ebb7.JPG.dd941fed3c0440b67291ed94dde7d19b.JPG

Measuring up the frame work for the garage door

e2bb5ec0-5bca-454d-a608-2eac1d1815ed.JPG.b51d73767ef76d10a9d76c3f9675dced.JPG

Insulating the door

ee6bd8b6-4ea8-4f2b-ada3-9b7199384af7.JPG.6001a584b63002926e843e9c7f34ecd1.JPG

Wall & Floor framework going in and started insulating the floor

1dbe8a07-cc4d-4ee4-9227-df5f214aa72b.JPG.0dfc18d44dc0b0c1cc5bc999d7dc7f84.JPG

Toby

• Like 1

Welcome Toby, I / My Step Son and I have just completed my Garage conversion so I know where your coming from, and hopefully going to, I have some pics of our work, which looks remarkably like yours, haha, on my Seven Mills Siding Thread.

I wish you all the best with the work and look forward to seeing the Layout come together.:good:

What period / Era will you be doing?

• Like 1

Hi Andy

Still getting to grips with the website.

Many thanks for your message.

I will be doing Blue Diesel from the 80's, and I have already got a falcon, 47 and 08 with sound

Look forward to updating you in the next few weeks.

Stay safe.

Regards Toby.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2020 at 06:24, 37114 said:

Nice job on the garage, should be a good railway room and great to see another o gauge Blue diesel layout in build.

Hi Rob

Many thanks for the comments and look forward to future updates.

• 2 weeks later...