LMS Jubilee

Fredo

Thanks does that mean that it is suitable to be renumbered as 45596? As I understand it 45555 was built as 6ft 3in and 45596 as 6ft 6in. So is the Bachmann model of 45555 wrong?

Edited by Fredo

• RMweb Gold

The “new” tooling (12+ years old) is the short firebox version.

The prior tooling (which dated back to 1979) was the long firebox version.

upgrading the old 45596 model, made c1991 to a latter old type chassis (upto c2007) is a straight swap, and gives metal slide bars and darkened rods & wheels... though Bahamas itself in preservation has its own trade mark shiny wheel rims.. so I just stuck with my 1991 chassis which has the silvered wheel rims/rods (I run DC), though I may at some point upgrade the pony wheels, cylinders etc too a newer spec.

It is noteworthy that the 2008 Jubilee / Patriot releases, the boiler is removable from the frames.. (just for fun I swapped a Patriot and Jubilee boilers and created a Jub with Patriot deflectors and cab !) so they have designed it with something in mind for the future.

so in one line.. stick with the 1991 release, unless you fancy a full boiler swap, but think the future will provide the right version.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 19/01/2021 at 15:29, Fredo said:

Hi, does anyone know if Bachmann based their Bogie Wheelbase for Jubilees on 6ft 3inches or 6 feet 6 inches. I know in OO gauge it does not really make any difference but curious. Thanks Fred

The etched Comet 6’6 bogie is a direct fit replacement and the wheel spacing is identical to the Bachmann original