suggestions sought for North British diesel hydraulic shunter

Nigelcliffe

I'm hoping to build a North British diesel hydraulic shunter in the near future, so am currently planning space for motors, chips, weight,  etc...  

D2720, from a Judith Edge kit.  

I'd like to put sound in it,  but a search of the three major providers hasn't thrown up a match.   Anyone got a suggestion ?   
Nearest I can think of would be an 02, but wonder if any other options sound better.  

- Nigel

9 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

02 has a Rolls Royce engine so likely to be different. You need a Paxman engine for this one but I don't know of a working one.

The Class 14 has a larger engine, but its a Paxman.

See: https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_68&product_id=212

Hope this helps.    Charlie

My research say D2720-80 had a German MAN engine, built under license.  ( The SPRS say their preserved D2767 is an "under license" MAN engine with Voith transmission).   

The earlier 11700-7 (D2700-07) had a Paxman RPH engine.   Same sources, say the class 14 was a Paxman "Ventura", which my digging into engine types says is very different to the RPH engine.   

Nigel

D2767 at the SRPS was running recently - there are videos online from Dec 2018.  I doubt the Bo'ness site will open to the public this year, but possibly someone with "inside" access might be able to get a recording during maintenance work. 

- Nigel