SNCB Moyse locotracteur - photos sought

Neil

• RMweb Premium

Elsewhere on RMweb I've been documenting the progress of my HO scratchbuilt model of SNCB No.2 a Moyse type 25. Here's an image of the real thing after its useful life on the railway. It was much better cared for earlier; I have a photo in a book dated 1978 where it looks tired but the rot hasn't set in. My model is dangerously close to the painting stage which raises a question. On the linked image of the real thing it's possible to see the vestigial remains of hazard warning stripes on the ends. My book photo shows the stripes more clearly but it's in black and white. Now are the stripes yellow on black or yellow on green? There are precedents for both when looking at other SNCB shunters and neither image is conclusive. Does anyone out there have colour images from the seventies or even better the sixties (the era of my layout) which would show one way or the other?

Thank you

cc 039.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Jon and Pete for the photos and your assesments. I think Jon's second photo is the conclusive one where the difference in weathering between the stripes on the rear shunter and the bodyside of the first (which we know is green) is striking. Black and yellow stripes it's going to be. Thanks once again.

• Like 1