The Forest Railroad Adventure Park N Gauge Model Railway

benjy14

Hi,

This is an appeal to anybody out there who would be able to provide me with any details, photos or video of the N gauge layout that used to exist at the erstwhile Forest Railroad Adventure Park in Dobwalls, Cornwall. Whilst photos and videos of the 7.25" lines are easily found, I have been unable to find anything online relating to the model railway, which was housed in the shed above the carriage storage sidings and (I think) depicted the Union Pacific's dual track mainline across Sherman Hill. I believe in the later years of the park's existance, the layout was removed and replaced by the Southern Exhibition.

I have also been told by a contributor to the thread on my layout of Dale Junction that an article about it appeared in a modelling magazine, which was most likely in the 1980s. I have written to Andrew Burnham, editor of Continential Modeller, and he has told me that he has no record of an article in the pages of his magazine, so it must have been another publication.

If anybody could help, I'd be most grateful. I am interested really for sentimental reasons; I loved visiting the Park whenever we stayed with my grandmother in Plymouth for our summer holidays and now that I'm modelling the UP myself, it would be lovely to try to find some information about it.

Many thanks,

Ben

• Like 1