This sub-forum is for the 2019 series and any individual entry topics. Content from the 2018 series can be found in the Challenges Archive.

Should I assume from the lack of recruitment on this forum that there will be no series 3 of GMRC later this year? Given it would have been filming at the moment, it looks like the next series will have to wait until the autumn of 2021.

Somehow I suspect that any production would have been affected by the same circumstances that have affected all TV filming since March!

• Agree 2

In view of a number of "Corona" related restrictions ("non essential" travel - significant sized groups of people not from the same household - "social distancing" - and possibly others I haven't thought of), I think we can safely assume that filming for any series this year would difinitely have been off the agenda.

Of course, this would be unlikely to preclude programmes assembled from previously unseen footage ("behind the scenes" - background on the teams or how they built their creations - "outtakes" - or similar stuff) but I can't see any production company having been allowed to film any new competitive layout building for most of this year.

As far as I'm concerned, 2020 can probably be regarded as a "write-off" in this regard.

I can only hope that there's a return next year - regardless of who would feature in any future series.