Instructions for a K's TVR 0-4-0T

Please has anybody got a set of instructions for a K's TVR 0-4-0T loco they could scan and send to me

I have just bought a near complete set of parts for one which was languishing with a lot of other parts in an eBay lot I bought

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

You are in luck, I have had one of these for ages and have only looked at it and put it away again.

I will do the scan for you as soon as I can. You might even inspire me to start mine.

Brian

Enjoy the kit - they are a lovely little loco, but beware of the chassis - the wheels are too big I believe.

I attach a link to my build if that helps. Mine was a body only and I used the excellent Ambis etched chassis kit. EM/P4 only though. Ruston built one too in the Industrial section some time ago.

1 minute ago, Barclay said:

Enjoy the kit - they are a lovely little loco, but beware of the chassis - the wheels are too big I believe.

I attach a link to my build if that helps. Mine was a body only and I used the excellent Ambis etched chassis kit. EM/P4 only though. Ruston built one too in the Industrial section some time ago.

Barclay 

I will have a good read I am certainly missing the cab front & roof, plus chimney, thanks for the tip about the Ambis chassis

Thanks for the heads up, may solve another problem namely the etch for the cab, that would be a real bonus

Also thanks for the heads up re the chassis, but I am hopefully in the process of getting one from Alan at Ambis

You may get some hints from my contribution to Scaleforum with the useful comments from other people.

https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=6798#p72845

Have you seen the Binnie drawing?

http://www.colinbinnie.com/pdf/taff_vale_railway_locomotive_267.pdf

(Also in Model Railways May 1972) Note the length of the connecting rod - it should miss the crank pin.