Lining Colour for Midland Milk Van

I am in the process of lining out a 4mm Midland Milk Van and have done the black lining and now need to do the yellow but don’t know what colour to use. As I can’t buy by mail from Precision, what Humbrol colour could I use?

Attached is a photo of the vehicle as is. 

David

640ECED9-2F38-4B85-A522-14B9D3446194.jpeg

• Craftsmanship/clever 2

1 hour ago, Norton961 said:

I am in the process of lining out a 4mm Midland Milk Van and have done the black lining and now need to do the yellow but don’t know what colour to use. As I can’t buy by mail from Precision, what Humbrol colour could I use?

Attached is a photo of the vehicle as is. 

David

640ECED9-2F38-4B85-A522-14B9D3446194.jpeg

Unfortunantley I can't help you with the color, but I believe @Mrkirtley800 will be able to point you in the right direction. Also, very nice milk van.

Yes, looks to be a very good job.  I did the Blacksmith milk van some years ago but mine was in LMS unlined livery:

P1010004-002.JPG.f40186ea07e6dad2e7938536207b80d5.JPG

I did get a creditable MR/LMS lining job from HMRS lining transfers on a pair of Ratio coaches.  Sadly, using a lining pen is a skill that has eluded me.

John

You need an ochre but there is no Humbrol equivalent so mix No.9, Tan with No. 69, Gloss Yellow roughly 50:50, then add a tiny drop of green. You will end up with a khaki colour which is ideal for the lining on MR & LMS non corridor stock and vans. When the shows reopen get some Precision 'Ochre Brown' or M&GN 'Golden Gorse'.

Hope this helps.

Ian R

image.jpeg.1552e81a0ed615d543d5f2b8031721ba.jpege

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Sorry for my late arrival, due to family health problems.  I do not open up RMW so often.

Regarding the lining on crimson stock, I use Humbrol No 74.  It is to my eyes fairly  near to the lining on the Midland 6 wheeler in the York museum. Having said that,I am no painter and most of my models were painted by Larry Goddard.

I don’t seem to be able to attach any of the pics on my iPad sowill have to try my old ‘puter.

Derek

Edited by Mrkirtley800