model window glazing

I seem to recall that there is a glazing system for model road vehicles etc which comes out of a tube.  It comes out opaque and dries clear.  I think Model Rail had an article about it around five, or so, years ago.  I would welcome any ideas on what it is.  With thanks (AM)  

• RMweb Gold

I have a tube of this, well it’s more a squeezy bottle really, snd find it very useful for smaller jobs but it’s out of it’s depth, or width, on a window where it has to be drawn across a gap of more than about 1cm.  You use it by applying a blob to an applicator, which can be any small round item big enough to cover the gap required, a cocktail stick is fine, and, starting at the top, bottom, or side of the reveal, rolling the ‘applicator’ across the gap, leaving a film of g’&’g behind.  This sounds like a difficult thing that you have to practice, butI picked it up quickly enough, and I’m about as ham fisted as they come...

You are left with white opaque windows that will dry to a perfectly fitting clear and tough ‘glass’.  I find it useful as well used as a normal glue to fit larger windows, as it dries clear and thus very unobtrusively  No connection satisfied customer.  It’s lasted me over 2 years already and there’s plenty left.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Thank you The Johnster for the advice.  I am looking at upgrading this Lesney Matchbox Wolseley 1500 I found in a junk box and I wanted to glaze the windows on it.  Cheers Alisdair

20200702_134429.jpg

Krystal klear is. Another similar product to glue and glaze,I have found it’s a little better in the glaze not being so opaque.... the application is as others have said all down to practice and patience.

• Informative/Useful 2