If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

DJ models Austerity body/full model (poor runner)

rope runner

Hi all, 

If anyone has a DJ models Austerity body or poorly running cmplete model I would be very interested in giving it a new home. WIlling to go up to £50 depending on condition. 

I don't mind if handrails are damaged or other minor blemishes. It's destined for an etched chassis with finescale wheels etc. 

Please PM me if you can help

Kind regards

Paul 

1 hour ago, 1whitemoor said:

Hi all, 

If anyone has a DJ models Austerity body or poorly running cmplete model I would be very interested in giving it a new home. WIlling to go up to £50 depending on condition. 

I don't mind if handrails are damaged or other minor blemishes. It's destined for an etched chassis with finescale wheels etc. 

Please PM me if you can help

Kind regards

Paul 

Pity you're in East Anglia - I saw one in a shop in Reading last week (can't remember the price!)

On 02/07/2020 at 18:11, RJS1977 said:

Pity you're in East Anglia - I saw one in a shop in Reading last week (can't remember the price!)

It's not so much finding one which is the issue - it's finding one with defects and price reflecting this. I can't see much point in paying >£70 for a loco which I'll only use the body from... 

Paul A.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/07/2020 at 13:50, great central said:

Couldn't you use the kitmaster/airfix, Dapol kit version. Plenty of them around for a £few

Like the OP, I have been looking for a donor J94 body yo put an etched chassis under. Hornby bodies seem expensive on Ebay and the Kitmaster version non-existent. I understand that the mould tools were destroyed in a fire at Dapol in the 80s.

If you can point out a source for these kits it would be much appreciated...