If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

New to RM Web

Squirrel Rail

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to RM web so please forgive the postings in the wrong place or in the wrong thread. I have being doing railway modelling and kit modeling for over 30 years and from September this year will be taking commissions ( am I allowed to say that?) I will try and post regular updates of what I'm doing as well as anything else that could be of interest.

Cheers Jerry 

• 3 years later...

Welcome to RMweb @JohnGiusso

As for posting questions, it's relatively simple.  If there is already a thread about the subject, just post a question in that thread.  You've already done that with your first question.  If your question is related to Manufacturer X's model of Y, then there is probably already a thread within the relevant section of the forum and everyone with an interest in that model will read that thread and therefore your question.

If your question is specific to you, eg looking for feedback on your proposed track plan or you're looking for details about location X in the year Y, then start a new thread in the appropriate part of the forum.  That's important, because some people only browse certain parts of the forum, so if you post a DCC question in a thread about track, the expert who knows the answer to your question may not see it.  Also try to make the title informative.  That is, instead of 'help required' state 'looking for information about Location X or Class Y'  That helps those who just scan down all the new threads and they are more likely to look at a thread that meets their interests.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 09/07/2020 at 22:25, Ohmisterporter said:

Welcome to the forum Jerry, plenty of advice to be had on here.

Some of which will actually be worthing considering... 🙂

• Like 1