Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium

That's a nice, err , sucker.....:P   Wouldn't be much use here though, too many nooks and crannies behind huts and things for something like that, we have a Stihl thing that can suck and blow, depending upon how it is configured.

Not much call for monograde oils nowadays, outside of vintage cars and bikes.  

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

We had a female cat called Sugar Ray. When she was about 8 weeks old, i.e. soon after we got her and her three brothers, we also acquired a female GSD puppy, all of 12 weeks old, called Freya. Freya adored the kittens, and soon could be seen carrying them round the house in her mouth. But in the first couple of days she was sniffing Sugar Ray, who stood on her hind legs and gave her a good smack on the nose!

• Like 5
  • Funny 2

Our cat was called Mr Jynx. Lord knows why.

It didn't like me and I didn't like it. Made the ,4th and 5th years of my life hell as I recall. 

It died the same day as my paternal grandmother. I thought it odd that Iwas collected from school mid morning because the cat had died. I couldn't have cared less.

The cat was followed a few years later by James rabbit.

Mrs SM42 is now pushing for a cat. She has chosen a name: - Kevin

I am  quite happy to entertain the neighbours occasionally as it goes home after an hour or so

I have enough trouble looking after myself, let alone an animal.

Goldfish I could manage, they look after themselves to a great extent. Not very cuddly though

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, SM42 said:

Our cat was called Mr Jynx. Lord knows why.

It didn't like me and I didn't like it. Made the ,4th and 5th years of my life hell as I recall. 

It died the same day as my paternal grandmother. I thought it odd that Iwas collected from school mid morning because the cat had died. I couldn't have cared less.

In sorry about your grandmother, but your comment made both Nyda and I really laugh out loud.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Well, the portcullis has been lowered and the drawbridge raised, and we are looking forward to another relaxing four weeks.

After yet more decorating and gardening duties, I am hoping to get a major rework of the garage and workshop storage underway.

The latter pair will probably involve the disposal of stuff that had been stored just in case will be disposed of.

Another task I have been allocated is the creation of a mud kitchen.

Apparently they are all the rage for children these days.

The creation of such may require the purchase of ever more exotic and expensive power tools.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Today has been declared by the management as leaf day. There are only about twenty tons or so of them lying about in drifts so apart from sweeping and raking them up there may well be a bonfire to be made. Deep joy.

The result of my root canal treatment yesterday is that I'm still chewing analgesics and last night wasn't exactly the most restful I've ever had but hey, ho on we go. At least the new slight restrictions 'lock down' may mean a reduction in overt cockwomble activity although I can't help but feel that some of last night's 'let's have a last fling' outings could have generated a further spike before things improve.

I managed to get my car booked in for its annual service and MOT test in a fortnight's time but the dealership isn't doing the usual collect and return service due to reduced manpower and restrictions so I'll have to do some low grade hanging about whilst it's dealt with. The dealership is within ten minutes' walk of Crewe station, though, so I may take a leaf out of Jamie's book and do some train spotting to pass the time.

So far I've seen three houses decked out in Christmas lights locally. Am I alone in finding this ridiculous?

Have a good Thursday folks.

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 6