Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

I can recommend, as I have just tried it, hot chocolate brownie with hot black cherry sauce and clotted cream.

Fatso seems appropriate. I certainly feel that way

Andy

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, SM42 said:

However one is just yellow and may be the Guinea pig for body surgery.

Andy

I usually do the surgery and then paint it yellow............

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, newbryford said:

I usually do the surgery and then paint it yellow............

When you read the post without looking who the author is, and don’t need to look!!! 

Andi

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Happy Hippo said:

The huge one, multi level.

Ravensclyffe? 

Yep, it got a LOT of work done on it last year, all the fiddle yards relaid in nickel silver (originally laid with cheap steel track, false economy) and then a lot of power bus and other rewiring along with point modifications. That was after rebuilding my garden to make it level so I could put the layout up in the tent! 

I've still got Dagworth stored here safely too, sooner or later that will reappear. 

Andi

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/01/2021 at 07:00, Winslow Boy said:

What you need is a band of elves. They could be kept in one of the sheds. If you rigged a bell and cableway up then all you'd have to do is ring the bell and they could send a wagonload down. What do elves eat?

elvers?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

Now that Andi, has mentioned Ravenscliffe, I remember rather long strings of HAA wagons being in the mix.

it was one of those railways which said 'You should do this', and as a result, I ended up with more Hornby HAA than I ever needed for my 4mm fleet.

I could only run then on the club layout, but it looked so impressive.

If I had the time and space, I'd like to do what Simon has done over on the 7 mm scale Heaton Lodge empire.

However, without a significant lottery win and with age against me for such a massive project, I'll have to settle for something a little more manageable.

On the home front, the sun is out, so a walk in the snow is forecast after lunch.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Now that Andi, has mentioned Ravenscliffe, I remember rather long strings of HAA wagons being in the mix.

it was one of those railways which said 'You should do this', and as a result, I ended up with more Hornby HAA than I ever needed for my 4mm fleet.

I could only run then on the club layout, but it looked so impressive.

If I had the time and space, I'd like to do what Simon has done over on the 7 mm scale Heaton Lodge empire.

However, without a significant lottery win and with age against me for such a massive project, I'll have to settle for something a little more manageable.

On the home front, the sun is out, so a walk in the snow is forecast after lunch.

I've got the space if you provide the input.

Jamie

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Ill just buy the stock and we'll rationalise LGA.  It might be quicker:laugh_mini:.

Not so sure, how nifty are you at untanling knitting. It can accommodate 17 wagon trains without a problem or 7 coaches. However  I dread to think how many kilonetres of wire there are underneath it, and remember that French electrickery is incompatible with DCC.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Not so sure, how nifty are you at untanling knitting. It can accommodate 17 wagon trains without a problem or 7 coaches. However  I dread to think how many kilonetres of wire there are underneath it, and remember that French electrickery is incompatible with DCC.

Jamie

Does Ian(Olddudders) know this?

• Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

Does Ian(Olddudders) know this?

It may be OK up in The Sarthe but local rules apply in this part of Department 17. It must be all those spare neutrons from nuclear electrickery.  

Jamie

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2